Tuna Spring RollKaren Chan
Serves: 8 pieces
- 185g Safcol Tuna in Springwater, drained
- 50g mung bean threads, soaked until softened
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked until softened
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 egg
- Half a bunch of fresh coriander
- 8 sheets spring roll wrappers (available in the frozen section of supermarkets or Asian grocer)
- 1 egg beaten – to seal the spring rolls
- Pastry brush with 1tbs oil
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Lettuce leaves
- Preheat the oven to 210c.
- Cut the bean threads and coriander to approximately 1 cm lengths, finely slice shiitake mushrooms.
- Mix all the Filling ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Lay out a spring roll wrapper, with 1 corner facing you, and the opposite corner faces away from you.
- Spoon 2 tbs of filling onto the centre of the wrapper. Shape the filling into a thin, horizontal 10 cm log.
- Lift the bottom corner of the wrapper over to meet the opposite corner. Bring both side corners to the centre. Roll from the bottom (where the filling sits) towards the top. Brush the top corner with beaten egg and then continue rolling to seal. Set aside and repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- Place on a baking tray, about 2-3 cm apart, and brush each spring roll with oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn over and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with lettuce leaves and sweet chili sauce.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...