Tuna Spring RollKaren Chan
Serves: 8 pieces
- 185g Safcol Tuna in Springwater, drained
- 50g mung bean threads, soaked until softened
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked until softened
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 egg
- Half a bunch of fresh coriander
- 8 sheets spring roll wrappers (available in the frozen section of supermarkets or Asian grocer)
- 1 egg beaten – to seal the spring rolls
- Pastry brush with 1tbs oil
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Lettuce leaves
- Preheat the oven to 210c.
- Cut the bean threads and coriander to approximately 1 cm lengths, finely slice shiitake mushrooms.
- Mix all the Filling ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Lay out a spring roll wrapper, with 1 corner facing you, and the opposite corner faces away from you.
- Spoon 2 tbs of filling onto the centre of the wrapper. Shape the filling into a thin, horizontal 10 cm log.
- Lift the bottom corner of the wrapper over to meet the opposite corner. Bring both side corners to the centre. Roll from the bottom (where the filling sits) towards the top. Brush the top corner with beaten egg and then continue rolling to seal. Set aside and repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- Place on a baking tray, about 2-3 cm apart, and brush each spring roll with oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn over and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with lettuce leaves and sweet chili sauce.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...