Tuna Spring RollKaren Chan
Serves: 8 pieces
- 185g Safcol Tuna in Springwater, drained
- 50g mung bean threads, soaked until softened
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked until softened
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 egg
- Half a bunch of fresh coriander
- 8 sheets spring roll wrappers (available in the frozen section of supermarkets or Asian grocer)
- 1 egg beaten – to seal the spring rolls
- Pastry brush with 1tbs oil
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Lettuce leaves
- Preheat the oven to 210c.
- Cut the bean threads and coriander to approximately 1 cm lengths, finely slice shiitake mushrooms.
- Mix all the Filling ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Lay out a spring roll wrapper, with 1 corner facing you, and the opposite corner faces away from you.
- Spoon 2 tbs of filling onto the centre of the wrapper. Shape the filling into a thin, horizontal 10 cm log.
- Lift the bottom corner of the wrapper over to meet the opposite corner. Bring both side corners to the centre. Roll from the bottom (where the filling sits) towards the top. Brush the top corner with beaten egg and then continue rolling to seal. Set aside and repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- Place on a baking tray, about 2-3 cm apart, and brush each spring roll with oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn over and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with lettuce leaves and sweet chili sauce.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...