Tuna Spring RollKaren Chan
Serves: 8 pieces
- 185g Safcol Tuna in Springwater, drained
- 50g mung bean threads, soaked until softened
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked until softened
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 egg
- Half a bunch of fresh coriander
- 8 sheets spring roll wrappers (available in the frozen section of supermarkets or Asian grocer)
- 1 egg beaten – to seal the spring rolls
- Pastry brush with 1tbs oil
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Lettuce leaves
- Preheat the oven to 210c.
- Cut the bean threads and coriander to approximately 1 cm lengths, finely slice shiitake mushrooms.
- Mix all the Filling ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Lay out a spring roll wrapper, with 1 corner facing you, and the opposite corner faces away from you.
- Spoon 2 tbs of filling onto the centre of the wrapper. Shape the filling into a thin, horizontal 10 cm log.
- Lift the bottom corner of the wrapper over to meet the opposite corner. Bring both side corners to the centre. Roll from the bottom (where the filling sits) towards the top. Brush the top corner with beaten egg and then continue rolling to seal. Set aside and repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- Place on a baking tray, about 2-3 cm apart, and brush each spring roll with oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn over and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with lettuce leaves and sweet chili sauce.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...