Tuscan Vegetable and Bread SoupBen O'Donoghue
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 bunch of celery, stalks and pale leaves chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 1 bunch of silverbeet, stems and leaves chopped and kept separate
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can borlotti or cannellini beans (preferably organic), rinsed, drained
- 1 loaf day-old ciabatta bread, crust removed, torn into 3cm chunks
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the celery stalks and leaves, carrot, onion, silverbeet stems and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper, then cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes until fragrant. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the silverbeet leaves, half the beans and enough boiling water to cover.
- Simmer for a further 30 minutes or until quite thick.
- Mash remaining beans with a fork, then add to the soup with the torn ciabatta, stirring until the bread soaks up the moisture. Divide the soup among bowls, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, then serve topped with extra chopped parsley.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...