Tuscan Vegetable and Bread SoupBen O'Donoghue
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 bunch of celery, stalks and pale leaves chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 1 bunch of silverbeet, stems and leaves chopped and kept separate
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can borlotti or cannellini beans (preferably organic), rinsed, drained
- 1 loaf day-old ciabatta bread, crust removed, torn into 3cm chunks
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the celery stalks and leaves, carrot, onion, silverbeet stems and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper, then cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes until fragrant. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the silverbeet leaves, half the beans and enough boiling water to cover.
- Simmer for a further 30 minutes or until quite thick.
- Mash remaining beans with a fork, then add to the soup with the torn ciabatta, stirring until the bread soaks up the moisture. Divide the soup among bowls, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, then serve topped with extra chopped parsley.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...