Tuscan Vegetable and Bread SoupBen O'Donoghue
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 bunch of celery, stalks and pale leaves chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 1 bunch of silverbeet, stems and leaves chopped and kept separate
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can borlotti or cannellini beans (preferably organic), rinsed, drained
- 1 loaf day-old ciabatta bread, crust removed, torn into 3cm chunks
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the celery stalks and leaves, carrot, onion, silverbeet stems and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper, then cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes until fragrant. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the silverbeet leaves, half the beans and enough boiling water to cover.
- Simmer for a further 30 minutes or until quite thick.
- Mash remaining beans with a fork, then add to the soup with the torn ciabatta, stirring until the bread soaks up the moisture. Divide the soup among bowls, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, then serve topped with extra chopped parsley.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...