Twiced Baked Souffle with Poached EggsBen O'Donoghue
- 500ml full cream milk
- 100g or ½ medium brown onion peeled and sliced
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and slightly squashed
- 120g Plain flour plus
- 100gm soft butter to rub moulds
- 100g Unsalted butter
- 30g Dijon mustard
- 40g or 3 egg yolks
- 300g egg white
- 200g goats curd or soft goats cheese
- 2gm pepper corns
- 50gm finely grated parmesan cheese
- 6tbsp cream
- Place the milk, sliced onion and pepper corns in a pot and bring to a simmer and then allow to stand for 15minutes to infuse
- In a separate pot over a medium heat melt the butter and then add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Slowly add the infused milk discarding the onion, garlic and peppercorns. Until you have a thick white sauce
- Add the mustard, egg yolks and cheese and mix until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Rub you 6 souffle dishes with the soft butter and dust with the finely grated cheese. Any leftover put into your white sauce base
- In a clean whisking bowl place your egg whites and whisk to a soft peak
- Beat in 1/3 of the egg whites into the white sauce mixture to loosen. Then gently fold another 1/3 to incorporate then the final 1/3 carefully so you don’t lose too much volume.
- Fill each mold equally, place the molds on a tray and bake for 15 minutes. Then remove and allow to cool. You can do these the day ahead or several hours.
- Once cool turn them out
- To reheat. Place the souffles in a baking dish and pour 1 tablespoon of pure cream over the top of each and place back into a preheated at 180degrees oven and bake for 15 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve each with a poached egg on top with hollandaise and a little salad.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...