Twiced Baked Souffle with Poached EggsBen O'Donoghue
- 500ml full cream milk
- 100g or ½ medium brown onion peeled and sliced
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and slightly squashed
- 120g Plain flour plus
- 100gm soft butter to rub moulds
- 100g Unsalted butter
- 30g Dijon mustard
- 40g or 3 egg yolks
- 300g egg white
- 200g goats curd or soft goats cheese
- 2gm pepper corns
- 50gm finely grated parmesan cheese
- 6tbsp cream
- Place the milk, sliced onion and pepper corns in a pot and bring to a simmer and then allow to stand for 15minutes to infuse
- In a separate pot over a medium heat melt the butter and then add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Slowly add the infused milk discarding the onion, garlic and peppercorns. Until you have a thick white sauce
- Add the mustard, egg yolks and cheese and mix until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Rub you 6 souffle dishes with the soft butter and dust with the finely grated cheese. Any leftover put into your white sauce base
- In a clean whisking bowl place your egg whites and whisk to a soft peak
- Beat in 1/3 of the egg whites into the white sauce mixture to loosen. Then gently fold another 1/3 to incorporate then the final 1/3 carefully so you don’t lose too much volume.
- Fill each mold equally, place the molds on a tray and bake for 15 minutes. Then remove and allow to cool. You can do these the day ahead or several hours.
- Once cool turn them out
- To reheat. Place the souffles in a baking dish and pour 1 tablespoon of pure cream over the top of each and place back into a preheated at 180degrees oven and bake for 15 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve each with a poached egg on top with hollandaise and a little salad.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...