Twiced Baked Souffle with Poached EggsBen O'Donoghue
- 500ml full cream milk
- 100g or ½ medium brown onion peeled and sliced
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and slightly squashed
- 120g Plain flour plus
- 100gm soft butter to rub moulds
- 100g Unsalted butter
- 30g Dijon mustard
- 40g or 3 egg yolks
- 300g egg white
- 200g goats curd or soft goats cheese
- 2gm pepper corns
- 50gm finely grated parmesan cheese
- 6tbsp cream
- Place the milk, sliced onion and pepper corns in a pot and bring to a simmer and then allow to stand for 15minutes to infuse
- In a separate pot over a medium heat melt the butter and then add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Slowly add the infused milk discarding the onion, garlic and peppercorns. Until you have a thick white sauce
- Add the mustard, egg yolks and cheese and mix until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Rub you 6 souffle dishes with the soft butter and dust with the finely grated cheese. Any leftover put into your white sauce base
- In a clean whisking bowl place your egg whites and whisk to a soft peak
- Beat in 1/3 of the egg whites into the white sauce mixture to loosen. Then gently fold another 1/3 to incorporate then the final 1/3 carefully so you don’t lose too much volume.
- Fill each mold equally, place the molds on a tray and bake for 15 minutes. Then remove and allow to cool. You can do these the day ahead or several hours.
- Once cool turn them out
- To reheat. Place the souffles in a baking dish and pour 1 tablespoon of pure cream over the top of each and place back into a preheated at 180degrees oven and bake for 15 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve each with a poached egg on top with hollandaise and a little salad.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...