Vegetarian Shepherd's PieJoel Feren
- ½ cup Glucerna powder
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 200g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 100g spinach
- 500g potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. sour cream
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cook the quinoa as per packet instructions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, zucchini and capsicum, stirring for 5 minutes or until the vegetables become soft.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, water and stock cube and stir well. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir through quinoa, spinach, parsley and seasoning and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a pot of boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Mash potatoes in a mixing bowl and add butter, milk, sour cream and Glucerna powder. Combine well.
- Add quinoa mixture to a baking dish. Evenly spread the mixture and top with mashed potatoes. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...