Vegetarian Shepherd's PieJoel Feren
- ½ cup Glucerna powder
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 200g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 100g spinach
- 500g potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. sour cream
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cook the quinoa as per packet instructions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, zucchini and capsicum, stirring for 5 minutes or until the vegetables become soft.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, water and stock cube and stir well. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir through quinoa, spinach, parsley and seasoning and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a pot of boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Mash potatoes in a mixing bowl and add butter, milk, sour cream and Glucerna powder. Combine well.
- Add quinoa mixture to a baking dish. Evenly spread the mixture and top with mashed potatoes. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...