Vegetarian Shepherd's PieJoel Feren
- ½ cup Glucerna powder
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 200g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 100g spinach
- 500g potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. sour cream
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cook the quinoa as per packet instructions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, zucchini and capsicum, stirring for 5 minutes or until the vegetables become soft.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, water and stock cube and stir well. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir through quinoa, spinach, parsley and seasoning and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a pot of boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Mash potatoes in a mixing bowl and add butter, milk, sour cream and Glucerna powder. Combine well.
- Add quinoa mixture to a baking dish. Evenly spread the mixture and top with mashed potatoes. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...