- 4 roma tomatoes
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- ½ cup white wine
- 500g goolwa pippies
- 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 250g fresh taglierini or linguine
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 50g unsalted butter
- Sea salt flakes
- Black pepper
- Slit the tomatoes & place into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes so the skin begins to peel off. Peel & chop the tomatoes and set aside
- In a frypan, add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a frypan and add the onion, garlic, chilli and begin to fry until soft and translucent. Add the tomatoes and allow to cook for a few minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine and allow to bubble away for about a minute, then add the pippies. Place a lid on top of the pan and allow the pippies to open up.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta until al dente.
- Add the cooked pasta into the sauce, with the butter, lemon juice and season again. Add a touch of cooking water and toss to combine. Serve immediately
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...