- 4 roma tomatoes
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- ½ cup white wine
- 500g goolwa pippies
- 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 250g fresh taglierini or linguine
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 50g unsalted butter
- Sea salt flakes
- Black pepper
- Slit the tomatoes & place into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes so the skin begins to peel off. Peel & chop the tomatoes and set aside
- In a frypan, add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a frypan and add the onion, garlic, chilli and begin to fry until soft and translucent. Add the tomatoes and allow to cook for a few minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine and allow to bubble away for about a minute, then add the pippies. Place a lid on top of the pan and allow the pippies to open up.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta until al dente.
- Add the cooked pasta into the sauce, with the butter, lemon juice and season again. Add a touch of cooking water and toss to combine. Serve immediately
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...