- 4 roma tomatoes
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- ½ cup white wine
- 500g goolwa pippies
- 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 250g fresh taglierini or linguine
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 50g unsalted butter
- Sea salt flakes
- Black pepper
- Slit the tomatoes & place into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes so the skin begins to peel off. Peel & chop the tomatoes and set aside
- In a frypan, add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a frypan and add the onion, garlic, chilli and begin to fry until soft and translucent. Add the tomatoes and allow to cook for a few minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine and allow to bubble away for about a minute, then add the pippies. Place a lid on top of the pan and allow the pippies to open up.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta until al dente.
- Add the cooked pasta into the sauce, with the butter, lemon juice and season again. Add a touch of cooking water and toss to combine. Serve immediately
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...