- 4 roma tomatoes
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- ½ cup white wine
- 500g goolwa pippies
- 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 250g fresh taglierini or linguine
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 50g unsalted butter
- Sea salt flakes
- Black pepper
- Slit the tomatoes & place into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes so the skin begins to peel off. Peel & chop the tomatoes and set aside
- In a frypan, add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a frypan and add the onion, garlic, chilli and begin to fry until soft and translucent. Add the tomatoes and allow to cook for a few minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine and allow to bubble away for about a minute, then add the pippies. Place a lid on top of the pan and allow the pippies to open up.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta until al dente.
- Add the cooked pasta into the sauce, with the butter, lemon juice and season again. Add a touch of cooking water and toss to combine. Serve immediately
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...