Wagyu Steak SandwichMike Reid
- 150g Wagyu Thick Skirt
- 1 Hens Egg
- ½ Tomato, Sliced
- Sprigs of fresh Watercress
- ½ Onion, Sliced & Sautéed
- ½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Spiced Tomato Chutney
- 1 Medium sized seeded baguette cut in half
- Grill the wagyu from room temperature, seasoning generously with salt on your bbq for about 8 minutes making sure your coals are not too hot, you want a nice medium heat. Than rest for at least 6 minutes in warm place
- Over a low heat fry your eggs till the white is cooked but ensuring you have a beautiful runny yolk take
- Assemble your sandwich basting the bread with your mustard then adding the chutney, the beef cut in half and all your other bits, finishing with the watercress and the chips on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...