Warm Chicken SaladMike Reid
- 1 Chicken Breast, poached in coconut milk
- 4 Spring Onions
- 1 Baby cos
- 6 Mixed Tomatoes
- 200g Garden Peas
- 1 Red Chilli, sliced
- Handful baby spinach
- 2 Avocados
- 100ml Olive oil
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 2 Tbsp Miso
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Chives
- 100ml of the Poaching coconut milk
- Poach chicken breast in coconut milk, you can use aromats like bay leaf, lemon and lemongrass if you like.
- Once poached, remove and cool slightly before shredding into a mixing bowl with a fork.
- In a separate mixing bowl, take your miso, mustard and lemon juice and emulsify with a whisk. Continue whisking while adding in the olive oil and coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper and then fold through your chopped chives.
- Pod your garden peas – keep your pods, you can use them in smoothies, sauce and stocks.
- Prepare the rest of your salad ingredients, break up the lettuce, slice your tomatoes, spring onion and chilli, scoop out the avo and activate your herbs.
- Bring it all together in a large mixing bowl with the dressing, combine so everything is coated.
- Lay the cos lettuce leaves on the base of a large serving dish and then scoop the rest of the salad on top.