Wasabi Prawns Mango and Watermelon SaladBen O'Donoghue
- 12 large king prawns peeled and deveined tail left on
- ½ pack kadayif pastry
- 500mls vegetable oil for frying
- 1lg ripe mango
- 2 thick wedges of water melon
- ½ cup Japanese mayo
- 1 tube wasabi paste
- coriander to garnish
- 1 red chilli julienned
- 2 x limes cut into wedges
- Smear each prawn with wasabi paste, just a little. Lay out lengths of the pastry and roll the prawns in the strands and set aside
- Combine the mayonnaise and wasabi to taste – I use around 2 teaspoons – dollop the wasabi mayonnaise on the plate and arrange the fruit around the mayonnaise.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or saucepan over medium heat. Fry the prawns for 2 minutes, then drain and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the prawns on top of the fruit and mayonnaise garnish with the coriander leaves, chilli and lime halves.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...