Wasabi Prawns Mango and Watermelon SaladBen O'Donoghue
- 12 large king prawns peeled and deveined tail left on
- ½ pack kadayif pastry
- 500mls vegetable oil for frying
- 1lg ripe mango
- 2 thick wedges of water melon
- ½ cup Japanese mayo
- 1 tube wasabi paste
- coriander to garnish
- 1 red chilli julienned
- 2 x limes cut into wedges
- Smear each prawn with wasabi paste, just a little. Lay out lengths of the pastry and roll the prawns in the strands and set aside
- Combine the mayonnaise and wasabi to taste – I use around 2 teaspoons – dollop the wasabi mayonnaise on the plate and arrange the fruit around the mayonnaise.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or saucepan over medium heat. Fry the prawns for 2 minutes, then drain and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the prawns on top of the fruit and mayonnaise garnish with the coriander leaves, chilli and lime halves.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...