Wasabi Prawns Mango and Watermelon SaladBen O'Donoghue
- 12 large king prawns peeled and deveined tail left on
- ½ pack kadayif pastry
- 500mls vegetable oil for frying
- 1lg ripe mango
- 2 thick wedges of water melon
- ½ cup Japanese mayo
- 1 tube wasabi paste
- coriander to garnish
- 1 red chilli julienned
- 2 x limes cut into wedges
- Smear each prawn with wasabi paste, just a little. Lay out lengths of the pastry and roll the prawns in the strands and set aside
- Combine the mayonnaise and wasabi to taste – I use around 2 teaspoons – dollop the wasabi mayonnaise on the plate and arrange the fruit around the mayonnaise.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or saucepan over medium heat. Fry the prawns for 2 minutes, then drain and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the prawns on top of the fruit and mayonnaise garnish with the coriander leaves, chilli and lime halves.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...