Wasabi Prawns Mango and Watermelon SaladBen O'Donoghue
- 12 large king prawns peeled and deveined tail left on
- ½ pack kadayif pastry
- 500mls vegetable oil for frying
- 1lg ripe mango
- 2 thick wedges of water melon
- ½ cup Japanese mayo
- 1 tube wasabi paste
- coriander to garnish
- 1 red chilli julienned
- 2 x limes cut into wedges
- Smear each prawn with wasabi paste, just a little. Lay out lengths of the pastry and roll the prawns in the strands and set aside
- Combine the mayonnaise and wasabi to taste – I use around 2 teaspoons – dollop the wasabi mayonnaise on the plate and arrange the fruit around the mayonnaise.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or saucepan over medium heat. Fry the prawns for 2 minutes, then drain and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the prawns on top of the fruit and mayonnaise garnish with the coriander leaves, chilli and lime halves.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...