XO SauceElena Duggan
- 50g Dried squid, soaked overnight then drained
- 50g Dried anchovies, soaked overnight then drained
- 50g Dried shrimp, soaked overnight then drained
- 50g Dried scallops, soaked overnight then drained
- 500g Canola or vegetable oil
- 100g Garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 150g Oyster sauce
- 50g Tamari (or an alternative gluten free soy sauce)
- 50g Stevia / Monk fruit, granulated
- 3-5 Birds eye chilies, finely chopped
- 25-50g Chili oil
- 10-25g Chili flakes
- 150g Fried shallots
- For the XO Sauce, in a food processor, place the squid, anchovy, shrimp and scallops and blitz until a fine dice.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium high heat, adding oil and garlic. Fry while stirring consistency until light golden.
- Add the blitzed seafood mixture and stir-fry for 1-3 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce and stevia, stir thoroughly, reduce the heat to the lowest possible setting. Cook for up to an hour checking every ten minutes or so, to ensure mixture isn’t burning and stir to ensure even cooking. If necessary, remove impurities on the surface by skimming carefully.
- Finally, add chili components and fried shallots, stir through for approximately 1 minute before removing from heat. Allow cooling before bottling sauce.
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...