XO SauceElena Duggan
- 50g Dried squid, soaked overnight then drained
- 50g Dried anchovies, soaked overnight then drained
- 50g Dried shrimp, soaked overnight then drained
- 50g Dried scallops, soaked overnight then drained
- 500g Canola or vegetable oil
- 100g Garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 150g Oyster sauce
- 50g Tamari (or an alternative gluten free soy sauce)
- 50g Stevia / Monk fruit, granulated
- 3-5 Birds eye chilies, finely chopped
- 25-50g Chili oil
- 10-25g Chili flakes
- 150g Fried shallots
- For the XO Sauce, in a food processor, place the squid, anchovy, shrimp and scallops and blitz until a fine dice.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium high heat, adding oil and garlic. Fry while stirring consistency until light golden.
- Add the blitzed seafood mixture and stir-fry for 1-3 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce and stevia, stir thoroughly, reduce the heat to the lowest possible setting. Cook for up to an hour checking every ten minutes or so, to ensure mixture isn’t burning and stir to ensure even cooking. If necessary, remove impurities on the surface by skimming carefully.
- Finally, add chili components and fried shallots, stir through for approximately 1 minute before removing from heat. Allow cooling before bottling sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...