XO SauceElena Duggan
- 50g Dried squid, soaked overnight then drained
- 50g Dried anchovies, soaked overnight then drained
- 50g Dried shrimp, soaked overnight then drained
- 50g Dried scallops, soaked overnight then drained
- 500g Canola or vegetable oil
- 100g Garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 150g Oyster sauce
- 50g Tamari (or an alternative gluten free soy sauce)
- 50g Stevia / Monk fruit, granulated
- 3-5 Birds eye chilies, finely chopped
- 25-50g Chili oil
- 10-25g Chili flakes
- 150g Fried shallots
- For the XO Sauce, in a food processor, place the squid, anchovy, shrimp and scallops and blitz until a fine dice.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium high heat, adding oil and garlic. Fry while stirring consistency until light golden.
- Add the blitzed seafood mixture and stir-fry for 1-3 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce and stevia, stir thoroughly, reduce the heat to the lowest possible setting. Cook for up to an hour checking every ten minutes or so, to ensure mixture isn’t burning and stir to ensure even cooking. If necessary, remove impurities on the surface by skimming carefully.
- Finally, add chili components and fried shallots, stir through for approximately 1 minute before removing from heat. Allow cooling before bottling sauce.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...