Yoghurt BreadElena Duggan
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup Jalna Greek yoghurt
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil
- Extra flour for dusting
- In a bowl combine the yoghurt and flour until mostly mixed together.
- Dust the bench lightly with the extra flour and tip mixture out onto bench.
- Knead for about 5 minutes or until the dough comes together.
- Break off small balls and roll out flat with a flour dusted rolling pin.
- Place a dry fry pan (no oil) over med-high heat , shake off any excess flour, then brush one side with oil. Place bread into the fry pan and brush other side with oil. After about a minute it will start to bubble up just slightly, when it’s golden in colour flip over and cook for about the same time on the other side.
- Remove from pan and repeat process until all flatbreads are cooked
- Use a dry tea towel or cloth, to wipe out any flour from the fry pan between breads as this will start to burn.
- While the first flatbread is cooking roll out the second flatbread so it’s ready
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...