Yoghurt BreadElena Duggan
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup Jalna Greek yoghurt
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil
- Extra flour for dusting
- In a bowl combine the yoghurt and flour until mostly mixed together.
- Dust the bench lightly with the extra flour and tip mixture out onto bench.
- Knead for about 5 minutes or until the dough comes together.
- Break off small balls and roll out flat with a flour dusted rolling pin.
- Place a dry fry pan (no oil) over med-high heat , shake off any excess flour, then brush one side with oil. Place bread into the fry pan and brush other side with oil. After about a minute it will start to bubble up just slightly, when it’s golden in colour flip over and cook for about the same time on the other side.
- Remove from pan and repeat process until all flatbreads are cooked
- Use a dry tea towel or cloth, to wipe out any flour from the fry pan between breads as this will start to burn.
- While the first flatbread is cooking roll out the second flatbread so it’s ready
Ingredients: 500g dried chickpeas, soaked in cold water overnight 1-2 sticks of celery, finely chopped 1 large onion, chopped 150ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving Juice of 1 lemon, or more if needed 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped A sprinkling...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 small onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, chopped 1 cup chopped carrot 10 habanero or carolina reaper chillies 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) lime juice 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) white vinegar 1 teaspoon English mustard 1 teaspoon salt 250 ml...
Ingredients: Makes 6 - 8 large muffins depending on amount of filling 500gm flour 500ml milk 2 eggs 20gm Baking powder 1 cup veg oil Equipment 1 x Large 6 Muffin tray Baking paper cut into 15x15cm square and cut from point ¾ into the center to make a windmill kind of...
Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1kg potatoes, cubes 1 onion, diced 2 sticks celery, sliced 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 butternut pumpkin (1.5-2kg), cubed 3 saffron threads Pinch of salt and pepper Sprig of Rosemary 1.5 litres chicken stock 1 carrot, chopped...
Ingredients: Serves 2 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil 1 Australian red onion Small bunch Australian spring onions Small bunch Australian Kale 1 Australian red capsicum 1 clove Australian garlic ½ tsp cumin 1 tsp paprika Pinch cayenne pepper (optional) 1 tin...
Ingredients: 8 chicken thigh skin on Brine 500ml butter milk 1 onion 2 cloves garlic 1tbsp salt 1tsp cracked black pepper Dressing 1 cup Sour cream 1 cup Buttermilk 2 tbsp chopped Chives 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 tbsp Honey 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar 1 cup Extra Virgin...