Yoghurt BreadElena Duggan
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup Jalna Greek yoghurt
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil
- Extra flour for dusting
- In a bowl combine the yoghurt and flour until mostly mixed together.
- Dust the bench lightly with the extra flour and tip mixture out onto bench.
- Knead for about 5 minutes or until the dough comes together.
- Break off small balls and roll out flat with a flour dusted rolling pin.
- Place a dry fry pan (no oil) over med-high heat , shake off any excess flour, then brush one side with oil. Place bread into the fry pan and brush other side with oil. After about a minute it will start to bubble up just slightly, when it’s golden in colour flip over and cook for about the same time on the other side.
- Remove from pan and repeat process until all flatbreads are cooked
- Use a dry tea towel or cloth, to wipe out any flour from the fry pan between breads as this will start to burn.
- While the first flatbread is cooking roll out the second flatbread so it’s ready
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...