Yuzu and Miso TartMike Reid
- 200ml Yuzu Juice
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 400ml Double Cream
- 5 Free Range eggs
- 25g Shiro Miso White Premium
Sweet Pastry Case:
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- Zest of a lemon
- 150g Icing Sugar
- 450g Flour, Plain
- 5 Whole Eggs
- Bring the cream and sugar to the boil
- Whisk eggs, yuzu juice and miso together then add to cream. Whisk over bain-marie until ribbon stage (85*) .
- Strain mixture into a cold flan ring & place in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
Sweet Pastry Case:
- Mix flour and icing sugar in kitchen aid with paddle attachment. Slowly add the butter whilst mixing. Once it resembles breadcrumbs, add the eggs and mix until it just comes together. Don’t over mix!
- Remove from kitchen aid and bring together. Rest for 30 mins before rolling.
- Roll thinly, line tart case and blind bake at 180 degrees Celsius
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Botrytis Riesling.
Banana Breakfast Bar
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
Raspberry Grappa Jam Drops
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Deep Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Crème Brûlèe Donuts
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
Banana Crepes with Banana Caramel
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...