Zeppole Di VenetoLaura Sharrad
- 150g raisins
- 100ml grappa
- 400g plain flour
- 10g yeast
- 115g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150ml milk
- 30g toasted pine nuts
- Zest 1 orange
- Zest 1 lemon
- 50g chopped candied fruit
- Canola oil, for frying
- Soak the raisins in grappa and let them plump up for 5 minutes, then drain well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Add the eggs and lukewarm milk and work them into the dry ingredients. Next stir in the raisins, pine nuts, grated lemon zest and candied citrus peel.
- Knead the dough until it looks even, elastic and smooth (add a little more milk if it appears too dry; it should be fairly sticky). Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise in a dry, warm place for about 2 hours, or until it has doubled in volume and the surface is full of tiny bubbles.
- Fill two-thirds of a medium, high-sided frying pan with canola oil. Place it over a medium heat and wait until it reaches a temperature of 180°C. Using 2 tablespoons, grab a spoonful of dough and slide it into the hot oil. Fry 6–7 frìtole at a time, turning with a slotted spoon, until dark brown on all sides. Drain with the slotted spoon and transfer to a large plate covered with kitchen paper.
- Leave the frìtole to cool slightly before rolling them in plenty of granulated sugar. Enjoy them warm or within 12 hours of frying.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with an Off Dry Riesling.
Ingredients: 100g plain flour 50g butter, diced 50g brown sugar 600g dulce de leche 4 small bananas, sliced 400ml double cream 1 tbsp icing sugar 1 square dark chocolate 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream Method: Preheat oven at 180*. Mix your flour and butter together...
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality FoodsIngredients: 250g Ground almonds 250g Chocolate Sauce 220g Caster Sugar 5 Free range eggs 15g Baking powder 20g cocoa powder For the chocolate sauce: 150ml Whole milk 150ml Thicken cream...
Can also be made with mangos. Ingredients: 100g Raspberries, frozen (we use Raspberries from Perfection Fresh) 150ml Water 60g Rolled Oats 1 Tbsp Honey, organic 1 Tsp Peanut Butter Roasted nuts to garnish and fresh raspberries Method: Mix the oats, water and...
Ingredients: 150g Soft brown sugar 75g Butter, unsalted 2 Free range Eggs 175g Dates, seeded 100ml Water 50ml Rum 175g Self raising flour 5g Bicarbonate soda 1g mixed spice Tip: Day before making soak the dates in the rum, bicarb of soda and water and leave in...
Ingredients: 250g punnet Qukes, deseeded 1 lime, juice ¼ bunch mint leaves 1tbs gin 150g butter (or dairy-free alternative) 150g golden caster sugar 1tsp vanilla paste 200g self-raising flour Gin Buttercream 125g butter (or dairy-free alternative), softened 65g...
Makes 1 X 15cm Cheesecake Serves: 6 Prep Time: 10 minutes Baking Time: 45 minutes Cooling Time: 3 hours 30 minutes minimum Ingredients: 3 (165g) Eggs 450g Cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened 150g Sugar,...