Zucchini FrittersMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms
- 120g zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 5 tsp ground cumin
- 50g frozen peas, thawed
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Freshly ground black pepper
Mango Chutney Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp mango chutney
- Season the zucchini with sea salt and set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, baking powder, flour and cumin in a large bowl and season with black pepper.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the zucchini over the sink, then add the zucchini and peas to the batter.
- Heat enough oil to just cover the bottom of a large frying pan, over a medium-high heat. When the oil just shimmers, drop in heaped tablespoons of the zucchini mixture, flattening them with the back of the spoon to make fritters.
- Fry each one for 1–2 minutes, or until golden-brown on each side. If you need to cook in batches in a smaller pan, set the fritters to drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...