Zucchini FrittersMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms
- 120g zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 5 tsp ground cumin
- 50g frozen peas, thawed
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Freshly ground black pepper
Mango Chutney Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp mango chutney
- Season the zucchini with sea salt and set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, baking powder, flour and cumin in a large bowl and season with black pepper.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the zucchini over the sink, then add the zucchini and peas to the batter.
- Heat enough oil to just cover the bottom of a large frying pan, over a medium-high heat. When the oil just shimmers, drop in heaped tablespoons of the zucchini mixture, flattening them with the back of the spoon to make fritters.
- Fry each one for 1–2 minutes, or until golden-brown on each side. If you need to cook in batches in a smaller pan, set the fritters to drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 packet Udon Noodles (Hakubaku brand preferred) 250g smoked trout, torn into bite-sized slices 200g mesclun or butter lettuce, roughly torn 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, sliced 3 spring onions, thinly sliced 1 cup fresh...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you with the help from our friends at Velisha Farms 800g Doncaster & black Russians Tomatoes, chopped ½ Red Onion, thinly sliced 1 Tbsp vinaigrette 1 Lemon, zest 10g Wild Rocket Dressing: 200ml Early harvest Olive oil 3 Tbsp...
Ingredients: Makes 2 2 Tbsp olive oil 2 clove garlic, finely chopped 2 spring onions, finely sliced 1 green chilli, finely chopped ½ bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped ½ tsp ground turmeric 1 tsp chilli powder 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground coriander 4 Eggs,...
Ingredients:Serves 1 150g Wagyu Thick Skirt 1 Hens Egg ½ Tomato, Sliced Sprigs of fresh Watercress ½ Onion, Sliced & Sautéed ½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard 1 Tbsp Spiced Tomato Chutney 1 Medium sized seeded baguette cut in half Method: Grill the wagyu from room...