Zucchini, Zucchini, ZucchiniMike Reid
- 200g Yellow zucchini
- 75g Butter
- 1 Zucchini, yellow
- 200ml Whey
- 50g Horseradish fresh (5g if from a jar)
- 2 Garlic cloves, miced
- 3g Fine salt
Stuffed Zucchini Flower:
- 1 Flower
- 75ml Goats Curd
- 25g Fresh Dates
- 50ml Tapioca Flour
- 50ml Plain Flour
- 1tsp Bicarb soda
- Ice cold sparkling water
- 1 Finger/native lime
- Nasturtium to garnish
- Over a medium heat, sweat down your zucchini in the butter without colour.
- Add the water and cover and reduce heat to a simmer and cook until completely soft
- Season to taste and blitz until completely smooth in a blender
- Slice your zucchini very thin into discs
- Combine all your other ingredients together in a bowl before adding in your zucchini
- Leave for a couples of hours before using or store in a pickling jar for up to 1 week in the fridge
Stuffed Zucchini Flower:
- Make your tempura batter and set to onside by combining the flours, bicarb and iced water. Finish with a touch of salt
- Stuff your zucchini flowers with the goats cheese and diced dates mixing the dates through the goats cheese first
- Once stuffed, dust your flower in plain flour before dipping into the tempura mix and then frying at about 170 degrees
- To plate up, first add puree on the base of the plate. Top with your flowers and fermented zucchini. Then garnish with finger limes and nasturiums
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...