Zucchini, Zucchini, ZucchiniMike Reid
- 200g Yellow zucchini
- 75g Butter
- 1 Zucchini, yellow
- 200ml Whey
- 50g Horseradish fresh (5g if from a jar)
- 2 Garlic cloves, miced
- 3g Fine salt
Stuffed Zucchini Flower:
- 1 Flower
- 75ml Goats Curd
- 25g Fresh Dates
- 50ml Tapioca Flour
- 50ml Plain Flour
- 1tsp Bicarb soda
- Ice cold sparkling water
- 1 Finger/native lime
- Nasturtium to garnish
- Over a medium heat, sweat down your zucchini in the butter without colour.
- Add the water and cover and reduce heat to a simmer and cook until completely soft
- Season to taste and blitz until completely smooth in a blender
- Slice your zucchini very thin into discs
- Combine all your other ingredients together in a bowl before adding in your zucchini
- Leave for a couples of hours before using or store in a pickling jar for up to 1 week in the fridge
Stuffed Zucchini Flower:
- Make your tempura batter and set to onside by combining the flours, bicarb and iced water. Finish with a touch of salt
- Stuff your zucchini flowers with the goats cheese and diced dates mixing the dates through the goats cheese first
- Once stuffed, dust your flower in plain flour before dipping into the tempura mix and then frying at about 170 degrees
- To plate up, first add puree on the base of the plate. Top with your flowers and fermented zucchini. Then garnish with finger limes and nasturiums
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...