Zucchini, Zucchini, ZucchiniMike Reid
- 200g Yellow zucchini
- 75g Butter
- 1 Zucchini, yellow
- 200ml Whey
- 50g Horseradish fresh (5g if from a jar)
- 2 Garlic cloves, miced
- 3g Fine salt
Stuffed Zucchini Flower:
- 1 Flower
- 75ml Goats Curd
- 25g Fresh Dates
- 50ml Tapioca Flour
- 50ml Plain Flour
- 1tsp Bicarb soda
- Ice cold sparkling water
- 1 Finger/native lime
- Nasturtium to garnish
- Over a medium heat, sweat down your zucchini in the butter without colour.
- Add the water and cover and reduce heat to a simmer and cook until completely soft
- Season to taste and blitz until completely smooth in a blender
- Slice your zucchini very thin into discs
- Combine all your other ingredients together in a bowl before adding in your zucchini
- Leave for a couples of hours before using or store in a pickling jar for up to 1 week in the fridge
Stuffed Zucchini Flower:
- Make your tempura batter and set to onside by combining the flours, bicarb and iced water. Finish with a touch of salt
- Stuff your zucchini flowers with the goats cheese and diced dates mixing the dates through the goats cheese first
- Once stuffed, dust your flower in plain flour before dipping into the tempura mix and then frying at about 170 degrees
- To plate up, first add puree on the base of the plate. Top with your flowers and fermented zucchini. Then garnish with finger limes and nasturiums
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...