Albondigas – Tapas Spanish MeatballsElena Duggan
- 500g Pork mince
- 500g Veal mince
- 150g Almond Meal
- 150g (1lge) Spanish onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1-2 Eggs
- 100g Manchego cheese (Parmesan substitution if unavailable), finely grated
- 25g / ½ bunch Parsley, leaves only, finely chopped
- 50g-100g Beef stock
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 150g (1lge) Spanish onion
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes
- 150g Sherry
- 150g Beef stock
- 10g Sweet paprika
- 10g Smoked paprika
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Optional to Serve
- Slivered almonds
- Parsley leaves only, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and first egg only and 50g stock only. Mix together thoroughly, if mixture isn’t holding easily, add second egg and additional stock and mix through with hands.
- Keep a small bowl of water on standby to wet hands before rolling. Roll mixture into bite size meatballs. Place on a tray in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Heat oil in non-stick fry pan to a med-high heat. Cook meatballs in batches so as not to overcrowd pan, this will ensure even cooking and ease of turning. You’re looking for an even golden, slight crust on the meatballs, up to ten minutes per batch. Put aside until all cooked.
- Once all meatballs removed from pan, deglaze pan with sherry. Dislodge any sediment with your silicon spatula. Add remaining ingredients and simmer over low for up to 15minutes, reducing slightly. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Return meatballs to sauce to just heat through before serving immediately.
- Replace veal with beef if preferred, or all pork as well.
- If you’d prefer, you can blitz ingredients briefly in a food processor to combine – however too long may tighten the protein too much and end up with very firm meatballs.
- Meatballs and sauce freeze well and can be defrosted and reheated at a later stage
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free – Low Fructose
- Dairy Free, optional if you leave out cheese
- Paleo Friendly
- Ketogenic Friendly
- BulletProof Friendly
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...