Albondigas – Tapas Spanish MeatballsElena Duggan
- 500g Pork mince
- 500g Veal mince
- 150g Almond Meal
- 150g (1lge) Spanish onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1-2 Eggs
- 100g Manchego cheese (Parmesan substitution if unavailable), finely grated
- 25g / ½ bunch Parsley, leaves only, finely chopped
- 50g-100g Beef stock
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 150g (1lge) Spanish onion
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes
- 150g Sherry
- 150g Beef stock
- 10g Sweet paprika
- 10g Smoked paprika
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Optional to Serve
- Slivered almonds
- Parsley leaves only, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and first egg only and 50g stock only. Mix together thoroughly, if mixture isn’t holding easily, add second egg and additional stock and mix through with hands.
- Keep a small bowl of water on standby to wet hands before rolling. Roll mixture into bite size meatballs. Place on a tray in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Heat oil in non-stick fry pan to a med-high heat. Cook meatballs in batches so as not to overcrowd pan, this will ensure even cooking and ease of turning. You’re looking for an even golden, slight crust on the meatballs, up to ten minutes per batch. Put aside until all cooked.
- Once all meatballs removed from pan, deglaze pan with sherry. Dislodge any sediment with your silicon spatula. Add remaining ingredients and simmer over low for up to 15minutes, reducing slightly. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Return meatballs to sauce to just heat through before serving immediately.
- Replace veal with beef if preferred, or all pork as well.
- If you’d prefer, you can blitz ingredients briefly in a food processor to combine – however too long may tighten the protein too much and end up with very firm meatballs.
- Meatballs and sauce freeze well and can be defrosted and reheated at a later stage
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free – Low Fructose
- Dairy Free, optional if you leave out cheese
- Paleo Friendly
- Ketogenic Friendly
- BulletProof Friendly
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...