Albondigas – Tapas Spanish MeatballsElena Duggan
- 500g Pork mince
- 500g Veal mince
- 150g Almond Meal
- 150g (1lge) Spanish onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1-2 Eggs
- 100g Manchego cheese (Parmesan substitution if unavailable), finely grated
- 25g / ½ bunch Parsley, leaves only, finely chopped
- 50g-100g Beef stock
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 150g (1lge) Spanish onion
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes
- 150g Sherry
- 150g Beef stock
- 10g Sweet paprika
- 10g Smoked paprika
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Optional to Serve
- Slivered almonds
- Parsley leaves only, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and first egg only and 50g stock only. Mix together thoroughly, if mixture isn’t holding easily, add second egg and additional stock and mix through with hands.
- Keep a small bowl of water on standby to wet hands before rolling. Roll mixture into bite size meatballs. Place on a tray in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Heat oil in non-stick fry pan to a med-high heat. Cook meatballs in batches so as not to overcrowd pan, this will ensure even cooking and ease of turning. You’re looking for an even golden, slight crust on the meatballs, up to ten minutes per batch. Put aside until all cooked.
- Once all meatballs removed from pan, deglaze pan with sherry. Dislodge any sediment with your silicon spatula. Add remaining ingredients and simmer over low for up to 15minutes, reducing slightly. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Return meatballs to sauce to just heat through before serving immediately.
- Replace veal with beef if preferred, or all pork as well.
- If you’d prefer, you can blitz ingredients briefly in a food processor to combine – however too long may tighten the protein too much and end up with very firm meatballs.
- Meatballs and sauce freeze well and can be defrosted and reheated at a later stage
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free – Low Fructose
- Dairy Free, optional if you leave out cheese
- Paleo Friendly
- Ketogenic Friendly
- BulletProof Friendly
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...