Albondigas – Tapas Spanish MeatballsElena Duggan
- 500g Pork mince
- 500g Veal mince
- 150g Almond Meal
- 150g (1lge) Spanish onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1-2 Eggs
- 100g Manchego cheese (Parmesan substitution if unavailable), finely grated
- 25g / ½ bunch Parsley, leaves only, finely chopped
- 50g-100g Beef stock
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 150g (1lge) Spanish onion
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes
- 150g Sherry
- 150g Beef stock
- 10g Sweet paprika
- 10g Smoked paprika
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Optional to Serve
- Slivered almonds
- Parsley leaves only, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and first egg only and 50g stock only. Mix together thoroughly, if mixture isn’t holding easily, add second egg and additional stock and mix through with hands.
- Keep a small bowl of water on standby to wet hands before rolling. Roll mixture into bite size meatballs. Place on a tray in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Heat oil in non-stick fry pan to a med-high heat. Cook meatballs in batches so as not to overcrowd pan, this will ensure even cooking and ease of turning. You’re looking for an even golden, slight crust on the meatballs, up to ten minutes per batch. Put aside until all cooked.
- Once all meatballs removed from pan, deglaze pan with sherry. Dislodge any sediment with your silicon spatula. Add remaining ingredients and simmer over low for up to 15minutes, reducing slightly. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Return meatballs to sauce to just heat through before serving immediately.
- Replace veal with beef if preferred, or all pork as well.
- If you’d prefer, you can blitz ingredients briefly in a food processor to combine – however too long may tighten the protein too much and end up with very firm meatballs.
- Meatballs and sauce freeze well and can be defrosted and reheated at a later stage
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free – Low Fructose
- Dairy Free, optional if you leave out cheese
- Paleo Friendly
- Ketogenic Friendly
- BulletProof Friendly
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...