Asian Chicken Slaw with Crispy NoodlesElena Duggan
- 250g Chicken breast, shredded (utilise leftover, pre-roasted or barbecued chicken)
- 250g Wombok cabbage, shredded
- 150g Carrots, shredded
- 150g Red capsicum, finely strip sliced
- 50g Bean sprouts
- 25g Spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- 2-3 Black Sesame Wraps, finely sliced
- Peanut oil and sesame oil to drizzle
- Mint leaves
- 25g Peanut oil
- 25g Sesame oil
- 50g Rice vinegar
- 25g Sweet chili sauce (MMK Recipe on website)
- 25g Tamari
- Stevia, to taste
- Preheat a non-stick fry pan to medium-high on the stove top.
- Slice wraps into 5-10mm strips, drizzle over peanut and sesame oil and toss through to coat.
- Stir-fry wrap strips until toasted and crispy – alternatively these could be toasted in an oven at 160° Celsius for up to 15 minutes, keeping a close eye to ensure even toasting and no burning.
- Make dressing by mixing all ingredients in a jug until thoroughly combined. Adjust sweetness with stevia. Set aside.
- Assemble salad by either toss together in a big bowl, or layering on a platter. Dress generously with mixed dressing. Top with crispy ‘noodles’ and serve.
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Vegetarian – optional, utilise tempeh or tofu if desired – add nuts for additional protein
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...