Asian Chicken Slaw with Crispy NoodlesElena Duggan
- 250g Chicken breast, shredded (utilise leftover, pre-roasted or barbecued chicken)
- 250g Wombok cabbage, shredded
- 150g Carrots, shredded
- 150g Red capsicum, finely strip sliced
- 50g Bean sprouts
- 25g Spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- 2-3 Black Sesame Wraps, finely sliced
- Peanut oil and sesame oil to drizzle
- Mint leaves
- 25g Peanut oil
- 25g Sesame oil
- 50g Rice vinegar
- 25g Sweet chili sauce (MMK Recipe on website)
- 25g Tamari
- Stevia, to taste
- Preheat a non-stick fry pan to medium-high on the stove top.
- Slice wraps into 5-10mm strips, drizzle over peanut and sesame oil and toss through to coat.
- Stir-fry wrap strips until toasted and crispy – alternatively these could be toasted in an oven at 160° Celsius for up to 15 minutes, keeping a close eye to ensure even toasting and no burning.
- Make dressing by mixing all ingredients in a jug until thoroughly combined. Adjust sweetness with stevia. Set aside.
- Assemble salad by either toss together in a big bowl, or layering on a platter. Dress generously with mixed dressing. Top with crispy ‘noodles’ and serve.
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Vegetarian – optional, utilise tempeh or tofu if desired – add nuts for additional protein
Ingredients: 500g dried chickpeas, soaked in cold water overnight 1-2 sticks of celery, finely chopped 1 large onion, chopped 150ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving Juice of 1 lemon, or more if needed 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped A sprinkling...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 small onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, chopped 1 cup chopped carrot 10 habanero or carolina reaper chillies 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) lime juice 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) white vinegar 1 teaspoon English mustard 1 teaspoon salt 250 ml...
Ingredients: Makes 6 - 8 large muffins depending on amount of filling 500gm flour 500ml milk 2 eggs 20gm Baking powder 1 cup veg oil Equipment 1 x Large 6 Muffin tray Baking paper cut into 15x15cm square and cut from point ¾ into the center to make a windmill kind of...
Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1kg potatoes, cubes 1 onion, diced 2 sticks celery, sliced 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 butternut pumpkin (1.5-2kg), cubed 3 saffron threads Pinch of salt and pepper Sprig of Rosemary 1.5 litres chicken stock 1 carrot, chopped...
Ingredients: Serves 2 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil 1 Australian red onion Small bunch Australian spring onions Small bunch Australian Kale 1 Australian red capsicum 1 clove Australian garlic ½ tsp cumin 1 tsp paprika Pinch cayenne pepper (optional) 1 tin...
Ingredients: 8 chicken thigh skin on Brine 500ml butter milk 1 onion 2 cloves garlic 1tbsp salt 1tsp cracked black pepper Dressing 1 cup Sour cream 1 cup Buttermilk 2 tbsp chopped Chives 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 tbsp Honey 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar 1 cup Extra Virgin...