Asian Chicken Slaw with Crispy NoodlesElena Duggan
- 250g Chicken breast, shredded (utilise leftover, pre-roasted or barbecued chicken)
- 250g Wombok cabbage, shredded
- 150g Carrots, shredded
- 150g Red capsicum, finely strip sliced
- 50g Bean sprouts
- 25g Spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- 2-3 Black Sesame Wraps, finely sliced
- Peanut oil and sesame oil to drizzle
- Mint leaves
- 25g Peanut oil
- 25g Sesame oil
- 50g Rice vinegar
- 25g Sweet chili sauce (MMK Recipe on website)
- 25g Tamari
- Stevia, to taste
- Preheat a non-stick fry pan to medium-high on the stove top.
- Slice wraps into 5-10mm strips, drizzle over peanut and sesame oil and toss through to coat.
- Stir-fry wrap strips until toasted and crispy – alternatively these could be toasted in an oven at 160° Celsius for up to 15 minutes, keeping a close eye to ensure even toasting and no burning.
- Make dressing by mixing all ingredients in a jug until thoroughly combined. Adjust sweetness with stevia. Set aside.
- Assemble salad by either toss together in a big bowl, or layering on a platter. Dress generously with mixed dressing. Top with crispy ‘noodles’ and serve.
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Vegetarian – optional, utilise tempeh or tofu if desired – add nuts for additional protein
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...