Asian Chicken Slaw with Crispy NoodlesElena Duggan
- 250g Chicken breast, shredded (utilise leftover, pre-roasted or barbecued chicken)
- 250g Wombok cabbage, shredded
- 150g Carrots, shredded
- 150g Red capsicum, finely strip sliced
- 50g Bean sprouts
- 25g Spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- 2-3 Black Sesame Wraps, finely sliced
- Peanut oil and sesame oil to drizzle
- Mint leaves
- 25g Peanut oil
- 25g Sesame oil
- 50g Rice vinegar
- 25g Sweet chili sauce (MMK Recipe on website)
- 25g Tamari
- Stevia, to taste
- Preheat a non-stick fry pan to medium-high on the stove top.
- Slice wraps into 5-10mm strips, drizzle over peanut and sesame oil and toss through to coat.
- Stir-fry wrap strips until toasted and crispy – alternatively these could be toasted in an oven at 160° Celsius for up to 15 minutes, keeping a close eye to ensure even toasting and no burning.
- Make dressing by mixing all ingredients in a jug until thoroughly combined. Adjust sweetness with stevia. Set aside.
- Assemble salad by either toss together in a big bowl, or layering on a platter. Dress generously with mixed dressing. Top with crispy ‘noodles’ and serve.
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Vegetarian – optional, utilise tempeh or tofu if desired – add nuts for additional protein
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...