Asian Chicken Slaw with Crispy NoodlesElena Duggan
- 250g Chicken breast, shredded (utilise leftover, pre-roasted or barbecued chicken)
- 250g Wombok cabbage, shredded
- 150g Carrots, shredded
- 150g Red capsicum, finely strip sliced
- 50g Bean sprouts
- 25g Spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- 2-3 Black Sesame Wraps, finely sliced
- Peanut oil and sesame oil to drizzle
- Mint leaves
- 25g Peanut oil
- 25g Sesame oil
- 50g Rice vinegar
- 25g Sweet chili sauce (MMK Recipe on website)
- 25g Tamari
- Stevia, to taste
- Preheat a non-stick fry pan to medium-high on the stove top.
- Slice wraps into 5-10mm strips, drizzle over peanut and sesame oil and toss through to coat.
- Stir-fry wrap strips until toasted and crispy – alternatively these could be toasted in an oven at 160° Celsius for up to 15 minutes, keeping a close eye to ensure even toasting and no burning.
- Make dressing by mixing all ingredients in a jug until thoroughly combined. Adjust sweetness with stevia. Set aside.
- Assemble salad by either toss together in a big bowl, or layering on a platter. Dress generously with mixed dressing. Top with crispy ‘noodles’ and serve.
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Vegetarian – optional, utilise tempeh or tofu if desired – add nuts for additional protein
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...