- 9 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp good-quality olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like
- 5 pitted olives, sliced
- 2 large free-range egg
- 1 tsp small capers, rinsed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted Sourdough to serve
- 1 tbsp Greek Yoghurt to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200*.
- Scatter the tomatoes and garlic over the base of a small ovenproof dish. Drizzle over half of the oil and all the vinegar, then season well with salt and pepper. Bake for 3 minutes.
- Scatter half of the basil and the olives over the tomatoes, then make a space in the centre and crack the eggs into the space. Scatter the rest of the olives and the capers over the top with the second teaspoon of oil, and some more freshly ground black pepper. Bake for another 8–12 minutes or more, depending on how you like your egg cooked.