Bang Bang ChickenElena Duggan/Khanh Ong
- 2 cups of water
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger
- 2 spring onions
- 1 brown onion
- 2 small chicken breast or 1 large one about 350g
- 1⁄2 a seedless cucumber
- 2 tbsp light soy
- 1 tbsp chinese dark vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ tbsp chili oil
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp ground Sichuan peppercorn
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- Place in a small pot on high heat the water, ginger sliced, spring onion stalks, brown onion quartered and bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken breast in and once it comes to the boil again cover with a lid and turn to the lowest heat to poach gently for 11-14 minutes.
- Remove and place chicken into an ice bath.
- Julienne the cucumber and place in a serving bowl in a thin layer
- Mix remaining ingredients, spring onion tops finely sliced and 1⁄2 a cup of the poaching liquid in a bowl and set aside.
- Shred the chicken and pound with a rolling pin so its flat thin pieces, place over the cucumber.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...