Bang Bang ChickenElena Duggan/Khanh Ong
- 2 cups of water
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger
- 2 spring onions
- 1 brown onion
- 2 small chicken breast or 1 large one about 350g
- 1⁄2 a seedless cucumber
- 2 tbsp light soy
- 1 tbsp chinese dark vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ tbsp chili oil
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp ground Sichuan peppercorn
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- Place in a small pot on high heat the water, ginger sliced, spring onion stalks, brown onion quartered and bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken breast in and once it comes to the boil again cover with a lid and turn to the lowest heat to poach gently for 11-14 minutes.
- Remove and place chicken into an ice bath.
- Julienne the cucumber and place in a serving bowl in a thin layer
- Mix remaining ingredients, spring onion tops finely sliced and 1⁄2 a cup of the poaching liquid in a bowl and set aside.
- Shred the chicken and pound with a rolling pin so its flat thin pieces, place over the cucumber.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...