Bang Bang ChickenElena Duggan/Khanh Ong
- 2 cups of water
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger
- 2 spring onions
- 1 brown onion
- 2 small chicken breast or 1 large one about 350g
- 1⁄2 a seedless cucumber
- 2 tbsp light soy
- 1 tbsp chinese dark vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ tbsp chili oil
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp ground Sichuan peppercorn
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- Place in a small pot on high heat the water, ginger sliced, spring onion stalks, brown onion quartered and bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken breast in and once it comes to the boil again cover with a lid and turn to the lowest heat to poach gently for 11-14 minutes.
- Remove and place chicken into an ice bath.
- Julienne the cucumber and place in a serving bowl in a thin layer
- Mix remaining ingredients, spring onion tops finely sliced and 1⁄2 a cup of the poaching liquid in a bowl and set aside.
- Shred the chicken and pound with a rolling pin so its flat thin pieces, place over the cucumber.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...