Bang Bang ChickenElena Duggan/Khanh Ong
- 2 cups of water
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger
- 2 spring onions
- 1 brown onion
- 2 small chicken breast or 1 large one about 350g
- 1⁄2 a seedless cucumber
- 2 tbsp light soy
- 1 tbsp chinese dark vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ tbsp chili oil
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp ground Sichuan peppercorn
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- Place in a small pot on high heat the water, ginger sliced, spring onion stalks, brown onion quartered and bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken breast in and once it comes to the boil again cover with a lid and turn to the lowest heat to poach gently for 11-14 minutes.
- Remove and place chicken into an ice bath.
- Julienne the cucumber and place in a serving bowl in a thin layer
- Mix remaining ingredients, spring onion tops finely sliced and 1⁄2 a cup of the poaching liquid in a bowl and set aside.
- Shred the chicken and pound with a rolling pin so its flat thin pieces, place over the cucumber.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...