BBQ Morton Bay Bug SkewersBen O'Donoghue
- 8 Moreton Bay bugs
- 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta
- 8 bay leaves
- 4 ripe figs, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat.
- Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the shells. To do this, remove the head, use a pair of scissors to cut along each side under the tail, then pull out the flesh.
- Take 4 metal skewers and thread the following onto each skewer: a bug’s tail, some thinly sliced pancetta, a bay leaf and half a fig, then repeat the sequence to complete the skewer.
- Brush the skewers with a little oil and place over a high heat to cook until the bugs are translucent, the thin pancetta is crisp and the figs are oozy and caramelised.
- To serve, dress with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...