Beef RendangKaren Chan
- 500g Gravy beef (cubed)
- stalk lemongrass – bruised
- 1tsp salt
- 1 in ginger, sliced
- Enough water to cover the beef
- 2 pc Onions, rough chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- 2 tsp Galangal powder
- 2 stalks Lemongrass – white part
- only, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Fennel powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut milk
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Yeo’s Sambal Oeleck
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Water
- To Prep: In a blender process ingredients B.
- Put ingredients A in a saucepan and let it simmer for 10-15 mins while we prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Heat a heavy saucepan. Dry fry ingredients C for a minute and pour into a bowl for later.
- Into the hot pan, add ingredients B, and stir fry until oil splits from the paste, stirring often for around 5 minutes.
- Add roasted ingredients C, pre-boiled beef, cinnamon stick and TCC Premium Coconut Milk and stir.
- Bring to boil and reduce to gently simmer for 45 mins or until meat is tender.
- There is not a lot of gravy to this dish, however if required, add enough water as required to continue cooking.
- Add Yeo’s Sambal Oeleck, salt and sugar.
- Serve with steamed rice.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...