Beef RendangKaren Chan
- 500g Gravy beef (cubed)
- stalk lemongrass – bruised
- 1tsp salt
- 1 in ginger, sliced
- Enough water to cover the beef
- 2 pc Onions, rough chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- 2 tsp Galangal powder
- 2 stalks Lemongrass – white part
- only, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Fennel powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut milk
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Yeo’s Sambal Oeleck
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Water
- To Prep: In a blender process ingredients B.
- Put ingredients A in a saucepan and let it simmer for 10-15 mins while we prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Heat a heavy saucepan. Dry fry ingredients C for a minute and pour into a bowl for later.
- Into the hot pan, add ingredients B, and stir fry until oil splits from the paste, stirring often for around 5 minutes.
- Add roasted ingredients C, pre-boiled beef, cinnamon stick and TCC Premium Coconut Milk and stir.
- Bring to boil and reduce to gently simmer for 45 mins or until meat is tender.
- There is not a lot of gravy to this dish, however if required, add enough water as required to continue cooking.
- Add Yeo’s Sambal Oeleck, salt and sugar.
- Serve with steamed rice.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...