Beef RendangKaren Chan
- 500g Gravy beef (cubed)
- stalk lemongrass – bruised
- 1tsp salt
- 1 in ginger, sliced
- Enough water to cover the beef
- 2 pc Onions, rough chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- 2 tsp Galangal powder
- 2 stalks Lemongrass – white part
- only, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Fennel powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut milk
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Yeo’s Sambal Oeleck
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Water
- To Prep: In a blender process ingredients B.
- Put ingredients A in a saucepan and let it simmer for 10-15 mins while we prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Heat a heavy saucepan. Dry fry ingredients C for a minute and pour into a bowl for later.
- Into the hot pan, add ingredients B, and stir fry until oil splits from the paste, stirring often for around 5 minutes.
- Add roasted ingredients C, pre-boiled beef, cinnamon stick and TCC Premium Coconut Milk and stir.
- Bring to boil and reduce to gently simmer for 45 mins or until meat is tender.
- There is not a lot of gravy to this dish, however if required, add enough water as required to continue cooking.
- Add Yeo’s Sambal Oeleck, salt and sugar.
- Serve with steamed rice.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...