Beetroot TartareMike Reid
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods
- 2 large beetroots, roasted
- 1 large hass avocado, very ripe
- 1 quails egg yolk
- ½ shallot or red onion, diced
- 1 tsp cornichons, finely chopped
- 1 tsp capers, finely chopped
- Small bunch of Chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Roast your beetroot until they have softened and then chill them down before you begin to assemble.
- Cut your beets into quarters then take a mixing bowl and colander and push the beets through the holes in the colander into the bowl. This will give you mince like consistency.
- Add your diced Onion, Cornichons and capers to the beetroot and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mash up your avocado with a fork until it is a puree consistency, then dress with some olive oil and lime juice. Season to taste with Salt and Pepper.
- Dressing your beetroot with a lick of olive oil, salt and pepper then fold through your chives. Your now ready to assemble.
- Place a base circular layer of avocado, then begin to build your beetroot nest. In the centre gently place your quail egg. One last pinch of salt, add a wedge of lime on the side and it’s ready to enjoy.