Berry Grape Jam and Macadamia Nut Butter ToastJemma O'Hanlon
Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter
- ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries
- ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries
- ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries
- ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed juice from an Australian lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
Macadamia Nut Butter
- ½ cup Australian macadamia nuts
- To serve
- Sourdough fruit toast
- Slice the strawberries and grapes into quarters.
- In a saucepan over medium to high heat, place the fruit and a slash of water, allow them to come to the boil, then reduce the heat while stirring, allowing the fruit to break down. Use a potato masher to gently press on the fruit to crush slightly.
- Stir in chia seeds, lemon juice and honey. The mixture should thicken thanks to the chia seeds. Remove from heat when it is a jam-like consistency and leave to rest.
- Place the macadamia nuts in a food processor and blend for a couple of minutes, or until the nuts turn into a nut butter consistency. Blend more or less depending on how smooth vs crunchy you like it.
- To serve, spread toast with macadamia nut butter. Layer with jam and enjoy.
Tip: If you don’t have all types of berries, use what you have equal to 2 cups of fresh Australian berries. The jam and macadamia butter make great all-natural gifts for health-conscious friends!
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...
Ingredients: Serves 4 4 ice cubes 2 cups Australian watermelon 1 cup Australian pineapple 1 Australian orange 2 Australian carrots 1 tsp fresh Australian ginger ¼ cup coconut water 1 tbsp fresh Australian mint leaves Method: Place all ingredients in a blender and...