Berry Grape Jam and Macadamia Nut Butter ToastJemma O'Hanlon
Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter
- ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries
- ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries
- ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries
- ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed juice from an Australian lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
Macadamia Nut Butter
- ½ cup Australian macadamia nuts
- To serve
- Sourdough fruit toast
- Slice the strawberries and grapes into quarters.
- In a saucepan over medium to high heat, place the fruit and a slash of water, allow them to come to the boil, then reduce the heat while stirring, allowing the fruit to break down. Use a potato masher to gently press on the fruit to crush slightly.
- Stir in chia seeds, lemon juice and honey. The mixture should thicken thanks to the chia seeds. Remove from heat when it is a jam-like consistency and leave to rest.
- Place the macadamia nuts in a food processor and blend for a couple of minutes, or until the nuts turn into a nut butter consistency. Blend more or less depending on how smooth vs crunchy you like it.
- To serve, spread toast with macadamia nut butter. Layer with jam and enjoy.
Tip: If you don’t have all types of berries, use what you have equal to 2 cups of fresh Australian berries. The jam and macadamia butter make great all-natural gifts for health-conscious friends!
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...