Better-for-you Bircher MuesliElena Duggan
- 250g quinoa flakes (or White quinoa, cooked and drained)
- 1 Green apple, grated
- 250ml Fresh or cloudy apple juice (orange is also okay)
- 250g Jalna Biodynamic yoghurt, extra to serve
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
Optional to Serve:
- Biodynamic yoghurt
- Fresh blueberries, sliced
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh cherries
- Sweet Dukkah
- Chopped nuts
- Chopped pepitas and sunflower seeds
- For a vegan alternative, swap Greek yoghurt for coconut yoghurt.
- In a medium saucepan, heat apple juice over a gentle simmer, place quinoa in and stir for 1-2 minutes or until just softened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In an airtight container, place the apple, yoghurt, cinnamon and vanilla. Once cooled at juice and quinoa. Mix thoroughly before leaving in refrigerator, ideally overnight, but at least two hours.
- Serve with your favourite fruit, nuts, seeds, as well as honey and additional yoghurt if you desire.
- If you prefer your Bircher a little looser, add more liquid at serving.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Moderate Fructose / zero refined sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Vegan optional
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...