Better-for-you Bircher MuesliElena Duggan
- 250g quinoa flakes (or White quinoa, cooked and drained)
- 1 Green apple, grated
- 250ml Fresh or cloudy apple juice (orange is also okay)
- 250g Jalna Biodynamic yoghurt, extra to serve
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
Optional to Serve:
- Biodynamic yoghurt
- Fresh blueberries, sliced
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh cherries
- Sweet Dukkah
- Chopped nuts
- Chopped pepitas and sunflower seeds
- For a vegan alternative, swap Greek yoghurt for coconut yoghurt.
- In a medium saucepan, heat apple juice over a gentle simmer, place quinoa in and stir for 1-2 minutes or until just softened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In an airtight container, place the apple, yoghurt, cinnamon and vanilla. Once cooled at juice and quinoa. Mix thoroughly before leaving in refrigerator, ideally overnight, but at least two hours.
- Serve with your favourite fruit, nuts, seeds, as well as honey and additional yoghurt if you desire.
- If you prefer your Bircher a little looser, add more liquid at serving.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Moderate Fructose / zero refined sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Vegan optional
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...