Better-for-you Bircher MuesliElena Duggan
- 250g quinoa flakes (or White quinoa, cooked and drained)
- 1 Green apple, grated
- 250ml Fresh or cloudy apple juice (orange is also okay)
- 250g Jalna Biodynamic yoghurt, extra to serve
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
Optional to Serve:
- Biodynamic yoghurt
- Fresh blueberries, sliced
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh cherries
- Sweet Dukkah
- Chopped nuts
- Chopped pepitas and sunflower seeds
- For a vegan alternative, swap Greek yoghurt for coconut yoghurt.
- In a medium saucepan, heat apple juice over a gentle simmer, place quinoa in and stir for 1-2 minutes or until just softened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In an airtight container, place the apple, yoghurt, cinnamon and vanilla. Once cooled at juice and quinoa. Mix thoroughly before leaving in refrigerator, ideally overnight, but at least two hours.
- Serve with your favourite fruit, nuts, seeds, as well as honey and additional yoghurt if you desire.
- If you prefer your Bircher a little looser, add more liquid at serving.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Moderate Fructose / zero refined sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Vegan optional
Ingredients: Serves 2 Flesh of 1 ripe Australian avocado 6 Medjool dates, pitted ¼ cup cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract Pinch sea salt To serve ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries 1 tsp cacao nibs (optional) 1 sprig of fresh Australian mint Method: Place all...
Ingredients: Serves 2 60ml tequila 1 Lime, halved SodaStream Ginger Beer Syrup SodaStream Carbonated Water Ice Lime slices for garnish Method: Line the glasses with lime juice and salt. Add crushed ice to the serving glasses followed by tequila, SodaStream ginger beer...
Ingredients: Roasted bananas 300g Vanilla 1g Butter 112g Brown sugar 250g Eggs 100g Flour 275g Baking powder 10g Sea salt 5g Whipped Maple Butter Unsalted butter 250g Maple syrup 80g Sea salt 3g Method: Spread vanilla onto bananas, and roast in an oven at 180⁰c for 10...
Ingredients: Two servings Gin SodaStream Lemonade Syrup Approx 500ml Sodastream Carbonated Water 2 tarragon sprigs 1/2 lemon, finely sliced Ice Method: Fill the serving glasses with ice. Add lemonade syrup and top up with carbonated water Add the tarragon and lemon...
Ingredients: 500g Laucke Spelt Mix 4g Dried Yeast (supplied) 1 Egg 50g Sugar (white or brown) 50g Butter (Softened) 250g or 200g Water (50 g less if using a mixer or by hand or removing the dough from the breadmaker) 2ml Egg yellow colour if desired. 500g Dry Fruit...
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...