Better-for-you Bircher MuesliElena Duggan
- 250g quinoa flakes (or White quinoa, cooked and drained)
- 1 Green apple, grated
- 250ml Fresh or cloudy apple juice (orange is also okay)
- 250g Jalna Biodynamic yoghurt, extra to serve
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
Optional to Serve:
- Biodynamic yoghurt
- Fresh blueberries, sliced
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh cherries
- Sweet Dukkah
- Chopped nuts
- Chopped pepitas and sunflower seeds
- For a vegan alternative, swap Greek yoghurt for coconut yoghurt.
- In a medium saucepan, heat apple juice over a gentle simmer, place quinoa in and stir for 1-2 minutes or until just softened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In an airtight container, place the apple, yoghurt, cinnamon and vanilla. Once cooled at juice and quinoa. Mix thoroughly before leaving in refrigerator, ideally overnight, but at least two hours.
- Serve with your favourite fruit, nuts, seeds, as well as honey and additional yoghurt if you desire.
- If you prefer your Bircher a little looser, add more liquid at serving.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Moderate Fructose / zero refined sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Vegan optional
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...