Better-for-you Bircher MuesliElena Duggan
- 250g quinoa flakes (or White quinoa, cooked and drained)
- 1 Green apple, grated
- 250ml Fresh or cloudy apple juice (orange is also okay)
- 250g Jalna Biodynamic yoghurt, extra to serve
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
Optional to Serve:
- Biodynamic yoghurt
- Fresh blueberries, sliced
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh cherries
- Sweet Dukkah
- Chopped nuts
- Chopped pepitas and sunflower seeds
- For a vegan alternative, swap Greek yoghurt for coconut yoghurt.
- In a medium saucepan, heat apple juice over a gentle simmer, place quinoa in and stir for 1-2 minutes or until just softened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In an airtight container, place the apple, yoghurt, cinnamon and vanilla. Once cooled at juice and quinoa. Mix thoroughly before leaving in refrigerator, ideally overnight, but at least two hours.
- Serve with your favourite fruit, nuts, seeds, as well as honey and additional yoghurt if you desire.
- If you prefer your Bircher a little looser, add more liquid at serving.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Moderate Fructose / zero refined sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Vegan optional
Ingredients: Serves: 2 Ingredients: 2x Wedges of Pumpkin (skin on) 1x can of coconut milk 30ml Soy Sauce (to taste) 1 tbsp of Tom Yum Paste 1 chilli, finely sliced 1 punch of Thai basil 1 tbsp fried shallots Bubur Cha Cha: Kara coconut cream 2litres Pandan leaves 6pcs...
Ingredients: Filling: 200ml Yuzu Juice 250g Caster Sugar 400ml Double Cream 5 Free Range eggs 25g Shiro Miso White Premium Sweet Pastry Case: 200g Unsalted Butter Zest of a lemon 150g Icing Sugar 450g Flour, Plain 5 Whole Eggs Method: Filling: Bring the cream and...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 400g Dulce de leche 2 egg yolks 2 whole eggs 50g Flour 0000 20g Unsalted butter 4 Lady finger bananas 50 g brown sugar 50 g golden syrup Cocoa powder Coconut ice cream (store bought) Method: Preheat the oven to 180C Place the dulce the leche...
Ingredients: Makes: 12 2/3 cup plain flour 1/3 cup self raising flour 1/3 cup raw caster sugar 1/3 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup malted milk drink powder 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled 1 egg 200g dark chocolate, melted Vanilla bean ice cream and sea salt flakes to...
Ingredients: Serves: 8 2 sheets shortcrust pastry ½ cup medjool dates 2 free range eggs ½ cup caster sugar 2-3 tsp lemon zest 250gm fresh ricotta ½ cup thickened cream 2 tbsp plain flour 1 tbsp icing sugar Method: Remove pastry and allow to thaw slightly before...
Ingredients: Base: 2 cups cashews 10 pitted dates 1 cup coconut 4 tbsp liquid coconut oil Pinch of salt 1 tsp raw cocoa powder Caramel: 1 cup almond butter 10 pitted dates 1/4 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp vanilla paste 3/4 cup coconut oil 1 tsp salt flakes Chocolate Topping:...