(Bibimbap) Korean Vegetarian Rice BowlChef Karen Chan
- 4 cups Cooked short medium rice (piping hot)
- 1 Carrot (julienned)
- 1 Zucchini (julienned)
- 8 Dried shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated in warm water for at least 1 hr, sliced)
- 1 pack Enoki mushrooms, separated
- 4 Radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Shelled edamame beans, blanched
- 2 pcs Fried tofu – julienned
- 1⁄2 cup Kimchi (cut bite-sized)
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 stalk Spring onion (sliced)
- 1⁄4 tsp Korean chilli powder (gochugaru)
- 4 fresh eggs
- Ottogi Gochujang
- Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil
- Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- Cooking oil
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Set aside each type of vegetables on a big plate after cooking.
- Heat pan and 1⁄2 tbsp oil. Add carrot and cook briefly for about 20 secs. Season lightly with salt.
- Sauté zucchini as above but add a pinch of minced garlic and some green onions. Season with salt.
- Sauté shiitake mushrooms as above and season lightly with soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Saute enoki mushrooms and lightly season with salt.
- In a bowl, place 1 cup of piping hot cooked rice. Arrange vegetables and tofu on the rice, to line the side of the bowl. Keep the centre of the rice clear to place the egg yolk.
- Crack an egg and separate the yolk. Gently place the yolk on the piping hot rice in the centre of the bowl.
- Drizzle some sesame oil and garnish with sesame seeds and remaining spring onions.
- Serve with Ottogi Gochujang for individual taste.
- Sprinkle Korean chilli powder (gochugaru) to taste.
- Repeat for another 3 servings.
- Mix in the egg yolk, Ottogi Gochujang with rice and toppings before eating.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...