(Bibimbap) Korean Vegetarian Rice BowlChef Karen Chan
- 4 cups Cooked short medium rice (piping hot)
- 1 Carrot (julienned)
- 1 Zucchini (julienned)
- 8 Dried shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated in warm water for at least 1 hr, sliced)
- 1 pack Enoki mushrooms, separated
- 4 Radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Shelled edamame beans, blanched
- 2 pcs Fried tofu – julienned
- 1⁄2 cup Kimchi (cut bite-sized)
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 stalk Spring onion (sliced)
- 1⁄4 tsp Korean chilli powder (gochugaru)
- 4 fresh eggs
- Ottogi Gochujang
- Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil
- Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- Cooking oil
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Set aside each type of vegetables on a big plate after cooking.
- Heat pan and 1⁄2 tbsp oil. Add carrot and cook briefly for about 20 secs. Season lightly with salt.
- Sauté zucchini as above but add a pinch of minced garlic and some green onions. Season with salt.
- Sauté shiitake mushrooms as above and season lightly with soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Saute enoki mushrooms and lightly season with salt.
- In a bowl, place 1 cup of piping hot cooked rice. Arrange vegetables and tofu on the rice, to line the side of the bowl. Keep the centre of the rice clear to place the egg yolk.
- Crack an egg and separate the yolk. Gently place the yolk on the piping hot rice in the centre of the bowl.
- Drizzle some sesame oil and garnish with sesame seeds and remaining spring onions.
- Serve with Ottogi Gochujang for individual taste.
- Sprinkle Korean chilli powder (gochugaru) to taste.
- Repeat for another 3 servings.
- Mix in the egg yolk, Ottogi Gochujang with rice and toppings before eating.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...