(Bibimbap) Korean Vegetarian Rice BowlChef Karen Chan
- 4 cups Cooked short medium rice (piping hot)
- 1 Carrot (julienned)
- 1 Zucchini (julienned)
- 8 Dried shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated in warm water for at least 1 hr, sliced)
- 1 pack Enoki mushrooms, separated
- 4 Radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Shelled edamame beans, blanched
- 2 pcs Fried tofu – julienned
- 1⁄2 cup Kimchi (cut bite-sized)
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 stalk Spring onion (sliced)
- 1⁄4 tsp Korean chilli powder (gochugaru)
- 4 fresh eggs
- Ottogi Gochujang
- Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil
- Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- Cooking oil
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Set aside each type of vegetables on a big plate after cooking.
- Heat pan and 1⁄2 tbsp oil. Add carrot and cook briefly for about 20 secs. Season lightly with salt.
- Sauté zucchini as above but add a pinch of minced garlic and some green onions. Season with salt.
- Sauté shiitake mushrooms as above and season lightly with soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Saute enoki mushrooms and lightly season with salt.
- In a bowl, place 1 cup of piping hot cooked rice. Arrange vegetables and tofu on the rice, to line the side of the bowl. Keep the centre of the rice clear to place the egg yolk.
- Crack an egg and separate the yolk. Gently place the yolk on the piping hot rice in the centre of the bowl.
- Drizzle some sesame oil and garnish with sesame seeds and remaining spring onions.
- Serve with Ottogi Gochujang for individual taste.
- Sprinkle Korean chilli powder (gochugaru) to taste.
- Repeat for another 3 servings.
- Mix in the egg yolk, Ottogi Gochujang with rice and toppings before eating.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...