(Bibimbap) Korean Vegetarian Rice BowlChef Karen Chan
- 4 cups Cooked short medium rice (piping hot)
- 1 Carrot (julienned)
- 1 Zucchini (julienned)
- 8 Dried shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated in warm water for at least 1 hr, sliced)
- 1 pack Enoki mushrooms, separated
- 4 Radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Shelled edamame beans, blanched
- 2 pcs Fried tofu – julienned
- 1⁄2 cup Kimchi (cut bite-sized)
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 stalk Spring onion (sliced)
- 1⁄4 tsp Korean chilli powder (gochugaru)
- 4 fresh eggs
- Ottogi Gochujang
- Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil
- Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- Cooking oil
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Set aside each type of vegetables on a big plate after cooking.
- Heat pan and 1⁄2 tbsp oil. Add carrot and cook briefly for about 20 secs. Season lightly with salt.
- Sauté zucchini as above but add a pinch of minced garlic and some green onions. Season with salt.
- Sauté shiitake mushrooms as above and season lightly with soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Saute enoki mushrooms and lightly season with salt.
- In a bowl, place 1 cup of piping hot cooked rice. Arrange vegetables and tofu on the rice, to line the side of the bowl. Keep the centre of the rice clear to place the egg yolk.
- Crack an egg and separate the yolk. Gently place the yolk on the piping hot rice in the centre of the bowl.
- Drizzle some sesame oil and garnish with sesame seeds and remaining spring onions.
- Serve with Ottogi Gochujang for individual taste.
- Sprinkle Korean chilli powder (gochugaru) to taste.
- Repeat for another 3 servings.
- Mix in the egg yolk, Ottogi Gochujang with rice and toppings before eating.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...