Braised Five Spice Pork BellyElena Duggan
- 25g Peanut oil
- 25g Sesame oil
- 1kg Boneless pork belly or thick rashers, cut into 3cm cubes
- 25g Fresh ginger, grated
- 25g Fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Oranges or Mandarins, peel only
- 25g Ikan billis (Malay dried little fish)
- 50g Stevia/ erythritol, granulated
- 10g Chinese five spice powder
- 5 whole Star anise
- 3x10cm Cinnamon sticks
- 2lge Bay leaves
- 2.5g Szechuan peppercorns
- 100g Chinese cooking wine
- 50g Tamari
- 1kg Chicken stock, reduced salt
- Additional water to cover the pork belly
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 long Red chili, finely sliced
- 6med bok choy, halved and steamed
- Steamed white rice
- Heat oil in a heavy based pot over medium-high heat.
- Add pork, stirring occasionally, and cook for 5-6 minutes until gaining some caramel colour on all sides.
- Add ginger, garlic, citrus peel, five spice and ikan billis and cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Add 25g water if necessary so pork is just submerged.
- Cover pot with a lid and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Braise gently for approximately 2 hours, or until pork is tender, fat is translucent and the liquid has reduced to approximately half. Or alternatively cook in a pressure cooker for 45 minutes on high, followed by 10-15 minutes on stove top, high heat to increase caramelisation.
- Serve with chili, spring onions, bok choy and steamed rice.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- HFLC – optional, utilise cauliflower rice instead of regular
- Dairy free
- Nut free – optional, use only sesame oil
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...