Braised Five Spice Pork BellyElena Duggan
- 25g Peanut oil
- 25g Sesame oil
- 1kg Boneless pork belly or thick rashers, cut into 3cm cubes
- 25g Fresh ginger, grated
- 25g Fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Oranges or Mandarins, peel only
- 25g Ikan billis (Malay dried little fish)
- 50g Stevia/ erythritol, granulated
- 10g Chinese five spice powder
- 5 whole Star anise
- 3x10cm Cinnamon sticks
- 2lge Bay leaves
- 2.5g Szechuan peppercorns
- 100g Chinese cooking wine
- 50g Tamari
- 1kg Chicken stock, reduced salt
- Additional water to cover the pork belly
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 long Red chili, finely sliced
- 6med bok choy, halved and steamed
- Steamed white rice
- Heat oil in a heavy based pot over medium-high heat.
- Add pork, stirring occasionally, and cook for 5-6 minutes until gaining some caramel colour on all sides.
- Add ginger, garlic, citrus peel, five spice and ikan billis and cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Add 25g water if necessary so pork is just submerged.
- Cover pot with a lid and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Braise gently for approximately 2 hours, or until pork is tender, fat is translucent and the liquid has reduced to approximately half. Or alternatively cook in a pressure cooker for 45 minutes on high, followed by 10-15 minutes on stove top, high heat to increase caramelisation.
- Serve with chili, spring onions, bok choy and steamed rice.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- HFLC – optional, utilise cauliflower rice instead of regular
- Dairy free
- Nut free – optional, use only sesame oil
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...