Braised Five Spice Pork BellyElena Duggan
- 25g Peanut oil
- 25g Sesame oil
- 1kg Boneless pork belly or thick rashers, cut into 3cm cubes
- 25g Fresh ginger, grated
- 25g Fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Oranges or Mandarins, peel only
- 25g Ikan billis (Malay dried little fish)
- 50g Stevia/ erythritol, granulated
- 10g Chinese five spice powder
- 5 whole Star anise
- 3x10cm Cinnamon sticks
- 2lge Bay leaves
- 2.5g Szechuan peppercorns
- 100g Chinese cooking wine
- 50g Tamari
- 1kg Chicken stock, reduced salt
- Additional water to cover the pork belly
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 long Red chili, finely sliced
- 6med bok choy, halved and steamed
- Steamed white rice
- Heat oil in a heavy based pot over medium-high heat.
- Add pork, stirring occasionally, and cook for 5-6 minutes until gaining some caramel colour on all sides.
- Add ginger, garlic, citrus peel, five spice and ikan billis and cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Add 25g water if necessary so pork is just submerged.
- Cover pot with a lid and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Braise gently for approximately 2 hours, or until pork is tender, fat is translucent and the liquid has reduced to approximately half. Or alternatively cook in a pressure cooker for 45 minutes on high, followed by 10-15 minutes on stove top, high heat to increase caramelisation.
- Serve with chili, spring onions, bok choy and steamed rice.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- HFLC – optional, utilise cauliflower rice instead of regular
- Dairy free
- Nut free – optional, use only sesame oil
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...