Braised Sicillian Stuffed SquidLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 100g sourdough breadcrumbs
- 100g Panko
- 4 tbsp salted capers, rinsed
- 4 anchovies
- 1 bunch continental parsley, leaves and stalks chopped separately
- 700ml sugo
- 1/4 cup ocean spray craisins
- 2-4 cleaned squid tubes, depending on size
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon Wedges
- Preheat oven to 180*C fan-forced.
- Place 20ml olive oil into a pan. Add onion, salt and pepper, garlic, anchovies and parsley stalks.
- In a mixing bowl, add breadcrumbs, panko, capers, parsley leaves and craisins.
- Add onion mixture to the pan and add remaining olive oil. Mix well.
- Stuff the squid tubes with mixture, pushing down and leaving about 1 inch at the top empty. Pierce the top with a toothpick to seal.
- Pour sugo into an oven-proof baking dish and add stuffed squid, leaving the tops uncovered. Season squid tops with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place into a preheated oven and bake for 15 mins.
- Garnish with extra chopped parsley leaves.
- Serve with lemon wedges and bread.