Broccoli Steak with Cured Egg YolkLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms
- Head of Broccoli
- Cured Egg Yolks
- Brown Butter
- English or Dijon Mustard
- Sherry Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Cure your egg yolks beforehand by laying them in a bed of equal parts sugar and salt, overnight for the best result. Wash the salt/sugar off the yolk and then quickly dehydrate them in the oven on low heat until they are hard and ready to be grated.
- Slice your head of broccoli into thick steaks ready for the pan or BBQ.
- In your pan with high heat, pour a splash of oil and then put on your broccoli steaks after seasoning them. Cook exactly like you’d cook an actual steak. Flip them once they have a nice golden crust. If the broccoli steak is still hard in the middle you can pour a splash of water into the pan and pop the lid on so it can steam quickly.
- For the dressing, take your melted brown butter, mustard & sherry vinegar and pour them into a mixing bowl and then whisk together until it has emulsified.
- Now it’s time to serve – place one of your steaks on the plate, then coat with your dressing and garnish with the grated cured egg yolk.