Buckwheat bowlElena Duggan
- 250g Buckwheat
- 250g Black or red quinoa
- 250g Cherries, pitted (frozen or fresh), roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 100g / 1med Spanish onion, finely diced
- 100g Hazelnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 50g Baby spinach or rocket
- 25g / 1 bunch Basil, leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 25g / 1 bunch, Parsley leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 25g / 1 bunch, Mint leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 15g / 1 bunch Tarragon, leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 100g EVOO
- 2 lemons/ 50g Lemon juice and zest
- 10g Stevia, optional
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 100g Jalna Greek yoghurt, dollops at presentation
- Prepare a pot of water at 1-1.5L, place buckwheat and quinoa and bring to the boil. Cook until al dente, approx. 15minutes. Drain well, rinse in cold water to rinse of any potential sticky starch. Set aside.
- In a jug, thoroughly mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients gently together along with dressing. Place on presentation plate and dollop yoghurt, sprinkle cherries and herbs as desired.
- You can add meat or vegetarian proteins if you wish increase nutrient density and satiation.
Feel free to make this dish your own, depending on the season, with your favourite greens.
- Add a ½ sliced avocado per person, for increased good fat satiation and slow energy release.
- Leave out any vegetable you’re not a fan of and replace with one you like or increase quantity of your favourites.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Dairy free
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...