Buckwheat bowlElena Duggan
- 250g Buckwheat
- 250g Black or red quinoa
- 250g Cherries, pitted (frozen or fresh), roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 100g / 1med Spanish onion, finely diced
- 100g Hazelnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 50g Baby spinach or rocket
- 25g / 1 bunch Basil, leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 25g / 1 bunch, Parsley leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 25g / 1 bunch, Mint leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 15g / 1 bunch Tarragon, leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 100g EVOO
- 2 lemons/ 50g Lemon juice and zest
- 10g Stevia, optional
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 100g Jalna Greek yoghurt, dollops at presentation
- Prepare a pot of water at 1-1.5L, place buckwheat and quinoa and bring to the boil. Cook until al dente, approx. 15minutes. Drain well, rinse in cold water to rinse of any potential sticky starch. Set aside.
- In a jug, thoroughly mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients gently together along with dressing. Place on presentation plate and dollop yoghurt, sprinkle cherries and herbs as desired.
- You can add meat or vegetarian proteins if you wish increase nutrient density and satiation.
Feel free to make this dish your own, depending on the season, with your favourite greens.
- Add a ½ sliced avocado per person, for increased good fat satiation and slow energy release.
- Leave out any vegetable you’re not a fan of and replace with one you like or increase quantity of your favourites.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Dairy free
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...