Buckwheat bowlElena Duggan
- 250g Buckwheat
- 250g Black or red quinoa
- 250g Cherries, pitted (frozen or fresh), roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 100g / 1med Spanish onion, finely diced
- 100g Hazelnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 50g Baby spinach or rocket
- 25g / 1 bunch Basil, leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 25g / 1 bunch, Parsley leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 25g / 1 bunch, Mint leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 15g / 1 bunch Tarragon, leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 100g EVOO
- 2 lemons/ 50g Lemon juice and zest
- 10g Stevia, optional
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 100g Jalna Greek yoghurt, dollops at presentation
- Prepare a pot of water at 1-1.5L, place buckwheat and quinoa and bring to the boil. Cook until al dente, approx. 15minutes. Drain well, rinse in cold water to rinse of any potential sticky starch. Set aside.
- In a jug, thoroughly mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients gently together along with dressing. Place on presentation plate and dollop yoghurt, sprinkle cherries and herbs as desired.
- You can add meat or vegetarian proteins if you wish increase nutrient density and satiation.
Feel free to make this dish your own, depending on the season, with your favourite greens.
- Add a ½ sliced avocado per person, for increased good fat satiation and slow energy release.
- Leave out any vegetable you’re not a fan of and replace with one you like or increase quantity of your favourites.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Dairy free
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...