Buckwheat bowlElena Duggan
- 250g Buckwheat
- 250g Black or red quinoa
- 250g Cherries, pitted (frozen or fresh), roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 100g / 1med Spanish onion, finely diced
- 100g Hazelnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 50g Baby spinach or rocket
- 25g / 1 bunch Basil, leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 25g / 1 bunch, Parsley leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 25g / 1 bunch, Mint leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 15g / 1 bunch Tarragon, leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 100g EVOO
- 2 lemons/ 50g Lemon juice and zest
- 10g Stevia, optional
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 100g Jalna Greek yoghurt, dollops at presentation
- Prepare a pot of water at 1-1.5L, place buckwheat and quinoa and bring to the boil. Cook until al dente, approx. 15minutes. Drain well, rinse in cold water to rinse of any potential sticky starch. Set aside.
- In a jug, thoroughly mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients gently together along with dressing. Place on presentation plate and dollop yoghurt, sprinkle cherries and herbs as desired.
- You can add meat or vegetarian proteins if you wish increase nutrient density and satiation.
Feel free to make this dish your own, depending on the season, with your favourite greens.
- Add a ½ sliced avocado per person, for increased good fat satiation and slow energy release.
- Leave out any vegetable you’re not a fan of and replace with one you like or increase quantity of your favourites.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Dairy free
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...