Buckwheat bowlElena Duggan
- 250g Buckwheat
- 250g Black or red quinoa
- 250g Cherries, pitted (frozen or fresh), roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 100g / 1med Spanish onion, finely diced
- 100g Hazelnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 50g Baby spinach or rocket
- 25g / 1 bunch Basil, leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 25g / 1 bunch, Parsley leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 25g / 1 bunch, Mint leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 15g / 1 bunch Tarragon, leaves only, roughly chopped, reserve some for presentation
- 100g EVOO
- 2 lemons/ 50g Lemon juice and zest
- 10g Stevia, optional
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 100g Jalna Greek yoghurt, dollops at presentation
- Prepare a pot of water at 1-1.5L, place buckwheat and quinoa and bring to the boil. Cook until al dente, approx. 15minutes. Drain well, rinse in cold water to rinse of any potential sticky starch. Set aside.
- In a jug, thoroughly mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients gently together along with dressing. Place on presentation plate and dollop yoghurt, sprinkle cherries and herbs as desired.
- You can add meat or vegetarian proteins if you wish increase nutrient density and satiation.
Feel free to make this dish your own, depending on the season, with your favourite greens.
- Add a ½ sliced avocado per person, for increased good fat satiation and slow energy release.
- Leave out any vegetable you’re not a fan of and replace with one you like or increase quantity of your favourites.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Dairy free
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...