Carrot and Walnut CakeJoel Feren
- Oil to grease cake pan
- ¾ cup Ensure vanilla powder
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup plain four
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1tsp baking soda
- ½tsp cinnamon
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 100g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 250g cream cheese
- ½ tsp. vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Grease a 20cm round cake pan with spray oil and line with baking paper.
- Sift flour and add Ensure powder, brown sugar, cinnamon and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, oil, golden syrup and vanilla essence.
- Pour the oil mixture into the flour mixture and gently stir until well combined. Fold in carrot and walnuts and combine well.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake in oven for 55 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from oven and set aside to slightly cool before removing and placing on wire rack to allow to completely cool.
- To make the icing add the cream cheese, lemon juice, icing sugar and vanilla essence to a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Spread the icing onto the cake once it’s cooled.
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...
Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) plain flour 3 tsp baking powder 1 cup (250ml) milk 2 ripe bananas 1 egg 1/3 cup (80g) brown sugar 2 tsp vanilla bean paste 1 tsp ground cinnamon 50g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra to brush 100g dark chocolate, chopped Golden syrup,...
Ingredients:Ingredients for the cookie dough 90g unsalted butter 80g soft light brown sugar 75g caster sugar 1tsp salt ½ tsp bicarbonate soda, sieved 1 eggs, whole 160g plain flour, sieved 100g milk chocolate buttons or block chopped 50g dark chocolate buttons or...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: Olive oil, for greasing 75g shelled pistachios 100g mixed seeds 250g rolled oats 8 Medjool dates 100g dried apricots 50g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100ml maple syrup 4...
Ingredients: 200g butter, softened 200g caster sugar 4 eggs 200g self raising flour 8 sticks of rhubarb 1 orange Crumble 100g plain flour ½ tsp ginger cinnamon 50g butter, diced 50g brown sugar To serve 300ml double cream whipped 2 tbsp ginger syrup Method: Preheat...