Carrot and Walnut CakeJoel Feren
- Oil to grease cake pan
- ¾ cup Ensure vanilla powder
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup plain four
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1tsp baking soda
- ½tsp cinnamon
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 100g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 250g cream cheese
- ½ tsp. vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Grease a 20cm round cake pan with spray oil and line with baking paper.
- Sift flour and add Ensure powder, brown sugar, cinnamon and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, oil, golden syrup and vanilla essence.
- Pour the oil mixture into the flour mixture and gently stir until well combined. Fold in carrot and walnuts and combine well.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake in oven for 55 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from oven and set aside to slightly cool before removing and placing on wire rack to allow to completely cool.
- To make the icing add the cream cheese, lemon juice, icing sugar and vanilla essence to a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Spread the icing onto the cake once it’s cooled.
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...