Charred Cabbage w/ Macadamia CreamLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms
- 1 cabbage into 6 wedges
- 500g of butter (cubed)
- 250g Macadamias
- 1 cup of water
- Cut your cabbage into 6 wedges and steam them, this can be done with a steamer or with a microwave and some glad wrap.
- Toast your macadamias in a dry pan to get them ready to make the cream.
- In a separate pan, start melting your butter on medium-low heat. This will eventually turn into brown butter.
- Take your toasted nuts and add them to a processor with water and blitz until you have a smooth and silky cream. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Take some of your melted butter and add it to a pan on medium and then place some of your steamed cabbage wedges. Cook until they are golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Time to start plating – take a spoonful of the macadamia cream for the base and spread it out, followed by a cabbage wedge, then paint one side of the cabbage with the cream so the dukkah will stick to it and finally dress with a few spoons of your melted brown butter.