Chia JamElena Duggan
- 500g Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries or Blackberries
- 50g White Chia Seeds
- 25-50g Maple Syrup / alternative sweetener
- 1tsp Vanilla paste or 1 vanilla bean, seeds only
- Up to 50g Coconut water
- Up to 25g Lemon juice / Apple cider vinegar
- In a food processor, blitz berries, chia, sweetener and vanilla until thoroughly combined, add lemon juice and water, blitz again.
- Place in jar and refrigerate.
- Jam will be ready after 3 hours, but overnight will be chilled.
- Place all ingredients except chia, into a small saucepan and simmer over a low temperature, stirring occasionally, until fruit is starting to collapse and juices release are starting to form a syrup. Could take up to ten minutes.
- Stir through chia seeds until thoroughly incorporated, place in jars and close lid whilst steaming to seal. Refrigerate and consume within a week due to minimal preservatives.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Sugar free/ reduced fructose
- Low carb
- Dairy free
Ingredients: Makes 12 200g fresh or dried pitted dates, roughly chopped 300ml boiling water 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) 150g (2/3 cup) sugar 50g butter 2 eggs 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract 170g plain (all-purpose) flour 2 teaspoons baking powder...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Flesh of 1 ripe Australian avocado 6 Medjool dates, pitted ¼ cup cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract Pinch sea salt To serve ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries 1 tsp cacao nibs (optional) 1 sprig of fresh Australian mint Method: Place all...
Ingredients: Serves 2 2 passionfruit 1 lime, halved 1 tablespoon coconut sugar Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Distribute the brown sugar and lime juice between your serving glasses along with the pulp of a passionfruit per glass. Fill the glass with ice and...
Ingredients: Roasted bananas 300g Vanilla 1g Butter 112g Brown sugar 250g Eggs 100g Flour 275g Baking powder 10g Sea salt 5g Whipped Maple Butter Unsalted butter 250g Maple syrup 80g Sea salt 3g Method: Spread vanilla onto bananas, and roast in an oven at 180⁰c for 10...
Ingredients: 1 cup Laucke plain flour Pinch of salt 4 eggs 2 cups milk 40g butter crème fraîche Ricotta Filling 250 g smooth ricotta Finely grated zest of 1 lemon Honey, to taste Berry Sauce 2 cups frozen mixed berries 1 cup icing sugar To Serve Sprigs of mint,...
Ingredients: Smoothie 1 Australian papaya 2 Australian passion fruit Flesh of 1 Australian custard apple, seeds removed ½ Australian banana (use the other half for the topping) 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt Toppings 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes ½ sliced Australian banana 2...