Chia JamElena Duggan
- 500g Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries or Blackberries
- 50g White Chia Seeds
- 25-50g Maple Syrup / alternative sweetener
- 1tsp Vanilla paste or 1 vanilla bean, seeds only
- Up to 50g Coconut water
- Up to 25g Lemon juice / Apple cider vinegar
- In a food processor, blitz berries, chia, sweetener and vanilla until thoroughly combined, add lemon juice and water, blitz again.
- Place in jar and refrigerate.
- Jam will be ready after 3 hours, but overnight will be chilled.
- Place all ingredients except chia, into a small saucepan and simmer over a low temperature, stirring occasionally, until fruit is starting to collapse and juices release are starting to form a syrup. Could take up to ten minutes.
- Stir through chia seeds until thoroughly incorporated, place in jars and close lid whilst steaming to seal. Refrigerate and consume within a week due to minimal preservatives.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Sugar free/ reduced fructose
- Low carb
- Dairy free
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...