Chia JamElena Duggan
- 500g Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries or Blackberries
- 50g White Chia Seeds
- 25-50g Maple Syrup / alternative sweetener
- 1tsp Vanilla paste or 1 vanilla bean, seeds only
- Up to 50g Coconut water
- Up to 25g Lemon juice / Apple cider vinegar
- In a food processor, blitz berries, chia, sweetener and vanilla until thoroughly combined, add lemon juice and water, blitz again.
- Place in jar and refrigerate.
- Jam will be ready after 3 hours, but overnight will be chilled.
- Place all ingredients except chia, into a small saucepan and simmer over a low temperature, stirring occasionally, until fruit is starting to collapse and juices release are starting to form a syrup. Could take up to ten minutes.
- Stir through chia seeds until thoroughly incorporated, place in jars and close lid whilst steaming to seal. Refrigerate and consume within a week due to minimal preservatives.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Sugar free/ reduced fructose
- Low carb
- Dairy free
Ingredients: Serves 4 100g unsalted butter, melted 1/2 cup (50g) walnuts, toasted 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon 2 tbs brown sugar, or more to taste 6 sheets fresh filo pastry 550g (about 5) plums, quartered 1 star anise 1 tsp orange zest, plus juice of 1/2 orange 1/2 tbs...
Ingredients: 500g Laucke Spelt Mix 4g Dried Yeast (supplied) 1 Egg 50g Sugar (white or brown) 50g Butter (Softened) 250g or 200g Water (50 g less if using a mixer or by hand or removing the dough from the breadmaker) 2ml Egg yellow colour if desired. 500g Dry Fruit...
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: Cake 200g Fresh or frozen raspberries 12 eggs 500g Caster sugar 500g Almond Meal, plus extra 2tsp baking powder ¼ tsp salt Icing 2 cups icing sugar 2 tbsp lemon juice, strained Garnish 2tbsp Rose petals 2tbsp Pistachios Handful of fresh raspberries...
Ingredients: Base2 packets of Oreos¼ cup + 1 tbsp of melted butter1 pinch of saltFilling½ cup butter meltedCup brown sugar1 can condensed milk¼ cup of cream1 tsp salt1 cup crunchy peanut butter (or smooth)Topping150g milk chocolate chips50ml cream2 tbsp smooth peanut...
Join Khanh Ong as he creates his Lime & Yoghurt Syrup Cake recipe. Tune in to The Market kitchen each weekday on Channel 10.