Chia JamElena Duggan
- 500g Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries or Blackberries
- 50g White Chia Seeds
- 25-50g Maple Syrup / alternative sweetener
- 1tsp Vanilla paste or 1 vanilla bean, seeds only
- Up to 50g Coconut water
- Up to 25g Lemon juice / Apple cider vinegar
- In a food processor, blitz berries, chia, sweetener and vanilla until thoroughly combined, add lemon juice and water, blitz again.
- Place in jar and refrigerate.
- Jam will be ready after 3 hours, but overnight will be chilled.
- Place all ingredients except chia, into a small saucepan and simmer over a low temperature, stirring occasionally, until fruit is starting to collapse and juices release are starting to form a syrup. Could take up to ten minutes.
- Stir through chia seeds until thoroughly incorporated, place in jars and close lid whilst steaming to seal. Refrigerate and consume within a week due to minimal preservatives.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Sugar free/ reduced fructose
- Low carb
- Dairy free
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...