Chicken BiryaniElena Duggan
- 500g Basmati rice
- 50g Ghee
- 200g / 1lge Onion, finely diced
- 500g Chicken breasts and/or thigh fillet, sliced into 1cm pieces
- 20g Garam masala
- 3 Bay leaves
- 3 Green cardamom pods
- 3 Black cardamom pods
- 1 x 10cm Cinnamon stick
- 5g Turmeric, ground
- 20g Garlic cloves, crushed
- 20g Ginger, finely grated
- 6 Cloves
- 2.5g/ 1tsp Black caraway seeds (shajeera)
- <1g / ½ tsp Nutmeg, ground
- Pinch saffron threads
- 1 long Red chili, deseeded and finely diced
- 100g Sultanas or raisins
- 1kg Chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- ½ bunch Coriander, leaves only, sliced
- 25g Flaked almonds, lightly toasted
- 50g Crispy onions
- Soak rice in warm water, then wash in cold until the water runs clear, this may take 10minutes.
- Heat ghee in a medium to large saucepan and cook onion with all aromats, whilst stirring for up to 10 minutes or thoroughly fragrant and onions softened.
- Add chicken and cook until well sealed or at least 5minutes.
- Stir the rice into the pan with sultanas, then pour over stock.
- Place a tight-fitting lid on the pan and bring to the boil, before reducing heat to a minimum and cook the rice for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave for 10 minutes.
- If rice is still too wet, cooked for a further 5minutes over medium to high heat, uncovered whilst stirring to evaporate liquid.
- Remove from heat, mix through half of the coriander and half the crispy onions.
- To serve, scatter over the remaining onions, coriander and almonds.
- Gluten free
- Dairy free, optional – swap ghee for coconut oil
- Zero refined sugar
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...