Chicken BiryaniElena Duggan
- 500g Basmati rice
- 50g Ghee
- 200g / 1lge Onion, finely diced
- 500g Chicken breasts and/or thigh fillet, sliced into 1cm pieces
- 20g Garam masala
- 3 Bay leaves
- 3 Green cardamom pods
- 3 Black cardamom pods
- 1 x 10cm Cinnamon stick
- 5g Turmeric, ground
- 20g Garlic cloves, crushed
- 20g Ginger, finely grated
- 6 Cloves
- 2.5g/ 1tsp Black caraway seeds (shajeera)
- <1g / ½ tsp Nutmeg, ground
- Pinch saffron threads
- 1 long Red chili, deseeded and finely diced
- 100g Sultanas or raisins
- 1kg Chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- ½ bunch Coriander, leaves only, sliced
- 25g Flaked almonds, lightly toasted
- 50g Crispy onions
- Soak rice in warm water, then wash in cold until the water runs clear, this may take 10minutes.
- Heat ghee in a medium to large saucepan and cook onion with all aromats, whilst stirring for up to 10 minutes or thoroughly fragrant and onions softened.
- Add chicken and cook until well sealed or at least 5minutes.
- Stir the rice into the pan with sultanas, then pour over stock.
- Place a tight-fitting lid on the pan and bring to the boil, before reducing heat to a minimum and cook the rice for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave for 10 minutes.
- If rice is still too wet, cooked for a further 5minutes over medium to high heat, uncovered whilst stirring to evaporate liquid.
- Remove from heat, mix through half of the coriander and half the crispy onions.
- To serve, scatter over the remaining onions, coriander and almonds.
- Gluten free
- Dairy free, optional – swap ghee for coconut oil
- Zero refined sugar
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...