Chicken BiryaniElena Duggan
- 500g Basmati rice
- 50g Ghee
- 200g / 1lge Onion, finely diced
- 500g Chicken breasts and/or thigh fillet, sliced into 1cm pieces
- 20g Garam masala
- 3 Bay leaves
- 3 Green cardamom pods
- 3 Black cardamom pods
- 1 x 10cm Cinnamon stick
- 5g Turmeric, ground
- 20g Garlic cloves, crushed
- 20g Ginger, finely grated
- 6 Cloves
- 2.5g/ 1tsp Black caraway seeds (shajeera)
- <1g / ½ tsp Nutmeg, ground
- Pinch saffron threads
- 1 long Red chili, deseeded and finely diced
- 100g Sultanas or raisins
- 1kg Chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- ½ bunch Coriander, leaves only, sliced
- 25g Flaked almonds, lightly toasted
- 50g Crispy onions
- Soak rice in warm water, then wash in cold until the water runs clear, this may take 10minutes.
- Heat ghee in a medium to large saucepan and cook onion with all aromats, whilst stirring for up to 10 minutes or thoroughly fragrant and onions softened.
- Add chicken and cook until well sealed or at least 5minutes.
- Stir the rice into the pan with sultanas, then pour over stock.
- Place a tight-fitting lid on the pan and bring to the boil, before reducing heat to a minimum and cook the rice for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave for 10 minutes.
- If rice is still too wet, cooked for a further 5minutes over medium to high heat, uncovered whilst stirring to evaporate liquid.
- Remove from heat, mix through half of the coriander and half the crispy onions.
- To serve, scatter over the remaining onions, coriander and almonds.
- Gluten free
- Dairy free, optional – swap ghee for coconut oil
- Zero refined sugar
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...