Chicken BurritoJason Johnson
- Dineamic Chicken Burrito Mix
- Tasty cheese
- Avocado x 2
- Wraps 8inch (needs to fit in pan you use)
- Brown rice
- Sweet potato
- Cherry tomato
- Cos lettuce
- The chicken burrito is very versatile and is packed full of goodness, legumes, protein and veg, it is a great dish that can be had three or four different ways.
- Place the pouch in a pot of simmer water for 10 minutes. It’s ok to leave it on for longer while you prepare your side dishes, just turn the heat off and put the lid on to maintain its heat.
- To prepare the sweet potato wedges, cut these in half long ways, season with olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika and place in a hot oven 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Move onto the guacamole, mash up your avocado, add the coriander stems and some leaves, lime juice, salt, pepper and mix all together to make guac, put inside the bowl.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven, place on a plate and open the burrito mix and spoon 1 half the packet on one potato and the rest onto the other, garnish with cheese, guacamole, sour cream and coriander leaves
- For the quesadillas, no need to heat the burrito mix, just spread a thin layer on one side of a tortilla and sprinkle it with cheese, then add a second tortilla on top and transfer to hot fry pan where you can toast each side until meat and cheese has heated and melted through.
- Take from the pan and transfer to the chopping board and cut in half, half again then half each triangle making 8 triangle style slices.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...