Chicken BurritoJason Johnson
- Dineamic Chicken Burrito Mix
- Tasty cheese
- Avocado x 2
- Wraps 8inch (needs to fit in pan you use)
- Brown rice
- Sweet potato
- Cherry tomato
- Cos lettuce
- The chicken burrito is very versatile and is packed full of goodness, legumes, protein and veg, it is a great dish that can be had three or four different ways.
- Place the pouch in a pot of simmer water for 10 minutes. It’s ok to leave it on for longer while you prepare your side dishes, just turn the heat off and put the lid on to maintain its heat.
- To prepare the sweet potato wedges, cut these in half long ways, season with olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika and place in a hot oven 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Move onto the guacamole, mash up your avocado, add the coriander stems and some leaves, lime juice, salt, pepper and mix all together to make guac, put inside the bowl.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven, place on a plate and open the burrito mix and spoon 1 half the packet on one potato and the rest onto the other, garnish with cheese, guacamole, sour cream and coriander leaves
- For the quesadillas, no need to heat the burrito mix, just spread a thin layer on one side of a tortilla and sprinkle it with cheese, then add a second tortilla on top and transfer to hot fry pan where you can toast each side until meat and cheese has heated and melted through.
- Take from the pan and transfer to the chopping board and cut in half, half again then half each triangle making 8 triangle style slices.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...