Chicken Meatball SoupKathy Tsaples
- 1kg chicken mince (preferably thigh)
- 1 onion
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup mint
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Zest of one lemon
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes (diced)
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin (cubed)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 litres chicken stock
- 1 cup risoni pasta
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 6-8 spring onion leaves
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of oregano
- Pinch of fresh rosemary
- Grate the onion
- Combine chicken mince, grated onion, herbs, lemon zest, spices, breadcrumbs, olive oil and egg and mix thoroughly until well combined. Allow to rest for ½ hour so all the flavours develop
- Dice all your vegetables
- Heat some olive oil in a good sized pot over medium heat and saute an onion, the celery, the carrots, then add then tinned tomatoes amd two bay leaves
- Cook for 2-3 mins and then pour in the chicken stock, spring onion, garlic, oregano and rosemary and allow to simmer
- While that is simmering away, make your meatballs into approx. the size of a walnut. Drop. The meatballs into the hot stock and continue simmering for ½ an hour
- Add the diced potatoes and butternut pumpkin and finally, the risoni.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes until risoni is cooked and meatballs are soft. If it needs another 10 minutes that is ok – allow to rest
- It should be a delicious, thick soup
- Season to taste and finish off with parsley
- Serve with crusty bread
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...