Chicken Meatball SoupKathy Tsaples
- 1kg chicken mince (preferably thigh)
- 1 onion
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup mint
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Zest of one lemon
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes (diced)
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin (cubed)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 litres chicken stock
- 1 cup risoni pasta
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 6-8 spring onion leaves
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of oregano
- Pinch of fresh rosemary
- Grate the onion
- Combine chicken mince, grated onion, herbs, lemon zest, spices, breadcrumbs, olive oil and egg and mix thoroughly until well combined. Allow to rest for ½ hour so all the flavours develop
- Dice all your vegetables
- Heat some olive oil in a good sized pot over medium heat and saute an onion, the celery, the carrots, then add then tinned tomatoes amd two bay leaves
- Cook for 2-3 mins and then pour in the chicken stock, spring onion, garlic, oregano and rosemary and allow to simmer
- While that is simmering away, make your meatballs into approx. the size of a walnut. Drop. The meatballs into the hot stock and continue simmering for ½ an hour
- Add the diced potatoes and butternut pumpkin and finally, the risoni.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes until risoni is cooked and meatballs are soft. If it needs another 10 minutes that is ok – allow to rest
- It should be a delicious, thick soup
- Season to taste and finish off with parsley
- Serve with crusty bread
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...