Chicken Meatball SoupKathy Tsaples
- 1kg chicken mince (preferably thigh)
- 1 onion
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup mint
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Zest of one lemon
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes (diced)
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin (cubed)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 litres chicken stock
- 1 cup risoni pasta
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 6-8 spring onion leaves
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of oregano
- Pinch of fresh rosemary
- Grate the onion
- Combine chicken mince, grated onion, herbs, lemon zest, spices, breadcrumbs, olive oil and egg and mix thoroughly until well combined. Allow to rest for ½ hour so all the flavours develop
- Dice all your vegetables
- Heat some olive oil in a good sized pot over medium heat and saute an onion, the celery, the carrots, then add then tinned tomatoes amd two bay leaves
- Cook for 2-3 mins and then pour in the chicken stock, spring onion, garlic, oregano and rosemary and allow to simmer
- While that is simmering away, make your meatballs into approx. the size of a walnut. Drop. The meatballs into the hot stock and continue simmering for ½ an hour
- Add the diced potatoes and butternut pumpkin and finally, the risoni.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes until risoni is cooked and meatballs are soft. If it needs another 10 minutes that is ok – allow to rest
- It should be a delicious, thick soup
- Season to taste and finish off with parsley
- Serve with crusty bread
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...