Chicken Pad ThaiLaura Sharrad
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 2 ½ tbsp oil
- 150g firm tofu (cut in 0.5cm thick slice)
- 180g chicken breast (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Pad Thai sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp tamarind concentrate
- 1 ½ tbsp palm sugar (grated)
- 1 ½ tbsp water
- 1½ tbsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 400g Pad Thai noodles (fresh)
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup chives (cut the same length as bean sprouts)
- 2 tbsp crushed peanuts
- 2 wedges lime
- 2 tsp dried chilli flake (optional)
- 2 tsp white sugar (optional)
- Heat 1½ tbsp of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add tofu and fry for 30 secs on each side.
- Add chicken and continue to fry until chicken is almost cooked.
- Add Pad Thai sauce and continue cooking for 30 secs or until fragrant.
- Add tamarind, palm sugar, water and Squid Brand Fish Sauce and stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add in the noodles and continue cooking for about 2 mins or until the noodles soften then gently push noodles to one side of the pan.
- On the empty side of the pan, add remaining oil and once heated, add egg and slowly scramble for 30 secs then mix well with noodles.
- Add bean sprouts and chives, and mix through (set aside some fresh bean sprout and chives to garnish the dish).
- Plate Pad Thai noodles and serve with peanuts, lime wedges, a side of sugar and chilli flakes. Garnish with set aside bean sprout and chives.