Chinese Chicken and Corn Egg DropElena Duggan / Khanh Ong
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1⁄2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chinese cooking wine
- 1 1⁄2 cup of frozen corn thawed cornstarch slurry (1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch combined with 1⁄4 cup of chicken stock)
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 1 chicken breast fillet poached and shredded a pinch of white pepper
- chopped coriander
- chopped spring onion greens
- fresh black pepper
- Combine stock, soy sauce, turmeric, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, cooking wine and 1⁄2 a cup of corn roughly chopped up and 1 cup of corn kernels in a medium pot and bring to the boil.
- Using chopsticks mix cornstarch slurry again and whilst stirring the broth add the slurry.
- Turn the heat off and slowly stirring the soup add in the beaten egg slowly to form egg ribbons.
- Stir in the chicken shredded and add pepper and set aside.
- Top with a sprinkling of coriander, spring onions and black pepper
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...