Chinese Chicken and Corn Egg DropElena Duggan / Khanh Ong
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1⁄2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chinese cooking wine
- 1 1⁄2 cup of frozen corn thawed cornstarch slurry (1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch combined with 1⁄4 cup of chicken stock)
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 1 chicken breast fillet poached and shredded a pinch of white pepper
- chopped coriander
- chopped spring onion greens
- fresh black pepper
- Combine stock, soy sauce, turmeric, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, cooking wine and 1⁄2 a cup of corn roughly chopped up and 1 cup of corn kernels in a medium pot and bring to the boil.
- Using chopsticks mix cornstarch slurry again and whilst stirring the broth add the slurry.
- Turn the heat off and slowly stirring the soup add in the beaten egg slowly to form egg ribbons.
- Stir in the chicken shredded and add pepper and set aside.
- Top with a sprinkling of coriander, spring onions and black pepper
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...