Chinese Chicken and Corn Egg DropElena Duggan / Khanh Ong
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1⁄2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chinese cooking wine
- 1 1⁄2 cup of frozen corn thawed cornstarch slurry (1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch combined with 1⁄4 cup of chicken stock)
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 1 chicken breast fillet poached and shredded a pinch of white pepper
- chopped coriander
- chopped spring onion greens
- fresh black pepper
- Combine stock, soy sauce, turmeric, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, cooking wine and 1⁄2 a cup of corn roughly chopped up and 1 cup of corn kernels in a medium pot and bring to the boil.
- Using chopsticks mix cornstarch slurry again and whilst stirring the broth add the slurry.
- Turn the heat off and slowly stirring the soup add in the beaten egg slowly to form egg ribbons.
- Stir in the chicken shredded and add pepper and set aside.
- Top with a sprinkling of coriander, spring onions and black pepper
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...