Chinese Chicken and Corn Egg DropElena Duggan / Khanh Ong
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1⁄2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chinese cooking wine
- 1 1⁄2 cup of frozen corn thawed cornstarch slurry (1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch combined with 1⁄4 cup of chicken stock)
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 1 chicken breast fillet poached and shredded a pinch of white pepper
- chopped coriander
- chopped spring onion greens
- fresh black pepper
- Combine stock, soy sauce, turmeric, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, cooking wine and 1⁄2 a cup of corn roughly chopped up and 1 cup of corn kernels in a medium pot and bring to the boil.
- Using chopsticks mix cornstarch slurry again and whilst stirring the broth add the slurry.
- Turn the heat off and slowly stirring the soup add in the beaten egg slowly to form egg ribbons.
- Stir in the chicken shredded and add pepper and set aside.
- Top with a sprinkling of coriander, spring onions and black pepper
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...