Chinese Duck with Plum SauceMike Reid & Jacob Leung
Time: 30 minutes + 2 hours marinating
- 4 x 200g duck breast fillets, skin scored
- 1 teaspoons Chinese five spice
- 8 fresh plums, quartered and pitted
- 2 star anise, whole
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 3cm knob ginger, julienned (matchsticks)
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- ½ orange peel
- 30ml Cointreau
- Micro sorrel, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan-forced.
- Use a small sharp knife to score the skin of the duck a few times.
- Place skin side down in a cold pan and then turn medium high until skin is crispy and brown. Turn duck breast meat side down and then add 5 spice, chilli, ginger, star anise, Cointreau, orange zest, and cinnamon stick. Add the plums and toss. Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Place in oven for 8 mins and then rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately and garnish with micro sorrel (optional).