Choc Spice CookiesElena Duggan
- 200g Almond meal
- 100g Coconut flour
- 5g / 1 tsp Xantham gum
- 5g / 1 tsp Ginger, ground
- 5g / 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 5g / 1 tsp Cardamom, ground
- 1g / ¼ tsp Cloves, ground
- 1g / ¼ tsp Black pepper, finely ground
- 5g / 1 tsp Turmeric, ground
- 5g / 1pod Vanilla paste/ vanilla pod
- 2.5g / ½ tsp Salt
- 100g Honey
- 100g Butter, melted or Coconut oil
- 3lge Eggs
- 75g Chocolate chips, dairy free, sugar free, gluten free
- Optional: 100g Chocolate, melted – sugar free, grain free for drizzling
- Preheat fan forced oven to 170° Celsius.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine all wet ingredients before adding to dry and mixing thoroughly.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours until firm.
- Roll dough into 8cm balls and place apart on lined baking tray. Gently flatten to half the height of original ball.
- Bake for up to 10 minutes or until the tops are dry and starting to crack.
- Cookies may not brown very much and will crisp on the outside slightly, upon cooling.
- Remove from heat and allow thorough cooling before drizzling over melted chocolate.
- Cookies will be fine to store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, turmeric, chocolate are all antioxidants.
When combined, Curcumin (turmeric) + piperine (black pepper) help to:
- relieve pain
- reduce inflammation
- control obesity
- renew stem cells
- aid in healing the gut — Curcumin + piperine prevent growth of H. pylori which can cause digestive problems like ulcers
- have antioxidant benefits that fight cancer and improve cognitive function
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...