Choc Spice CookiesElena Duggan
- 200g Almond meal
- 100g Coconut flour
- 5g / 1 tsp Xantham gum
- 5g / 1 tsp Ginger, ground
- 5g / 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 5g / 1 tsp Cardamom, ground
- 1g / ¼ tsp Cloves, ground
- 1g / ¼ tsp Black pepper, finely ground
- 5g / 1 tsp Turmeric, ground
- 5g / 1pod Vanilla paste/ vanilla pod
- 2.5g / ½ tsp Salt
- 100g Honey
- 100g Butter, melted or Coconut oil
- 3lge Eggs
- 75g Chocolate chips, dairy free, sugar free, gluten free
- Optional: 100g Chocolate, melted – sugar free, grain free for drizzling
- Preheat fan forced oven to 170° Celsius.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine all wet ingredients before adding to dry and mixing thoroughly.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours until firm.
- Roll dough into 8cm balls and place apart on lined baking tray. Gently flatten to half the height of original ball.
- Bake for up to 10 minutes or until the tops are dry and starting to crack.
- Cookies may not brown very much and will crisp on the outside slightly, upon cooling.
- Remove from heat and allow thorough cooling before drizzling over melted chocolate.
- Cookies will be fine to store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, turmeric, chocolate are all antioxidants.
When combined, Curcumin (turmeric) + piperine (black pepper) help to:
- relieve pain
- reduce inflammation
- control obesity
- renew stem cells
- aid in healing the gut — Curcumin + piperine prevent growth of H. pylori which can cause digestive problems like ulcers
- have antioxidant benefits that fight cancer and improve cognitive function
Ingredients: Serves: 2 Ingredients: 2x Wedges of Pumpkin (skin on) 1x can of coconut milk 30ml Soy Sauce (to taste) 1 tbsp of Tom Yum Paste 1 chilli, finely sliced 1 punch of Thai basil 1 tbsp fried shallots Bubur Cha Cha: Kara coconut cream 2litres Pandan leaves 6pcs...
Ingredients: Filling: 200ml Yuzu Juice 250g Caster Sugar 400ml Double Cream 5 Free Range eggs 25g Shiro Miso White Premium Sweet Pastry Case: 200g Unsalted Butter Zest of a lemon 150g Icing Sugar 450g Flour, Plain 5 Whole Eggs Method: Filling: Bring the cream and...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 400g Dulce de leche 2 egg yolks 2 whole eggs 50g Flour 0000 20g Unsalted butter 4 Lady finger bananas 50 g brown sugar 50 g golden syrup Cocoa powder Coconut ice cream (store bought) Method: Preheat the oven to 180C Place the dulce the leche...
Ingredients: Makes: 12 2/3 cup plain flour 1/3 cup self raising flour 1/3 cup raw caster sugar 1/3 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup malted milk drink powder 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled 1 egg 200g dark chocolate, melted Vanilla bean ice cream and sea salt flakes to...
Ingredients: Serves: 8 2 sheets shortcrust pastry ½ cup medjool dates 2 free range eggs ½ cup caster sugar 2-3 tsp lemon zest 250gm fresh ricotta ½ cup thickened cream 2 tbsp plain flour 1 tbsp icing sugar Method: Remove pastry and allow to thaw slightly before...
Ingredients: Base: 2 cups cashews 10 pitted dates 1 cup coconut 4 tbsp liquid coconut oil Pinch of salt 1 tsp raw cocoa powder Caramel: 1 cup almond butter 10 pitted dates 1/4 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp vanilla paste 3/4 cup coconut oil 1 tsp salt flakes Chocolate Topping:...