Choc Spice CookiesElena Duggan
- 200g Almond meal
- 100g Coconut flour
- 5g / 1 tsp Xantham gum
- 5g / 1 tsp Ginger, ground
- 5g / 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 5g / 1 tsp Cardamom, ground
- 1g / ¼ tsp Cloves, ground
- 1g / ¼ tsp Black pepper, finely ground
- 5g / 1 tsp Turmeric, ground
- 5g / 1pod Vanilla paste/ vanilla pod
- 2.5g / ½ tsp Salt
- 100g Honey
- 100g Butter, melted or Coconut oil
- 3lge Eggs
- 75g Chocolate chips, dairy free, sugar free, gluten free
- Optional: 100g Chocolate, melted – sugar free, grain free for drizzling
- Preheat fan forced oven to 170° Celsius.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine all wet ingredients before adding to dry and mixing thoroughly.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours until firm.
- Roll dough into 8cm balls and place apart on lined baking tray. Gently flatten to half the height of original ball.
- Bake for up to 10 minutes or until the tops are dry and starting to crack.
- Cookies may not brown very much and will crisp on the outside slightly, upon cooling.
- Remove from heat and allow thorough cooling before drizzling over melted chocolate.
- Cookies will be fine to store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, turmeric, chocolate are all antioxidants.
When combined, Curcumin (turmeric) + piperine (black pepper) help to:
- relieve pain
- reduce inflammation
- control obesity
- renew stem cells
- aid in healing the gut — Curcumin + piperine prevent growth of H. pylori which can cause digestive problems like ulcers
- have antioxidant benefits that fight cancer and improve cognitive function
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life. Ingredients: 2 Bananas 300g of raw Cashews (unsalted & unroasted) 6 - 8 Pitted Dates 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon powder 2 tablespoons of Raw cacao powder Cacao Nibs Pinch of Salt Method: In a food...