Choc Spice CookiesElena Duggan
- 200g Almond meal
- 100g Coconut flour
- 5g / 1 tsp Xantham gum
- 5g / 1 tsp Ginger, ground
- 5g / 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 5g / 1 tsp Cardamom, ground
- 1g / ¼ tsp Cloves, ground
- 1g / ¼ tsp Black pepper, finely ground
- 5g / 1 tsp Turmeric, ground
- 5g / 1pod Vanilla paste/ vanilla pod
- 2.5g / ½ tsp Salt
- 100g Honey
- 100g Butter, melted or Coconut oil
- 3lge Eggs
- 75g Chocolate chips, dairy free, sugar free, gluten free
- Optional: 100g Chocolate, melted – sugar free, grain free for drizzling
- Preheat fan forced oven to 170° Celsius.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine all wet ingredients before adding to dry and mixing thoroughly.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours until firm.
- Roll dough into 8cm balls and place apart on lined baking tray. Gently flatten to half the height of original ball.
- Bake for up to 10 minutes or until the tops are dry and starting to crack.
- Cookies may not brown very much and will crisp on the outside slightly, upon cooling.
- Remove from heat and allow thorough cooling before drizzling over melted chocolate.
- Cookies will be fine to store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, turmeric, chocolate are all antioxidants.
When combined, Curcumin (turmeric) + piperine (black pepper) help to:
- relieve pain
- reduce inflammation
- control obesity
- renew stem cells
- aid in healing the gut — Curcumin + piperine prevent growth of H. pylori which can cause digestive problems like ulcers
- have antioxidant benefits that fight cancer and improve cognitive function
Banana Breakfast Bar
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
Raspberry Grappa Jam Drops
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Deep Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Crème Brûlèe Donuts
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
Banana Crepes with Banana Caramel
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...