Choc Spice CookiesElena Duggan
- 200g Almond meal
- 100g Coconut flour
- 5g / 1 tsp Xantham gum
- 5g / 1 tsp Ginger, ground
- 5g / 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 5g / 1 tsp Cardamom, ground
- 1g / ¼ tsp Cloves, ground
- 1g / ¼ tsp Black pepper, finely ground
- 5g / 1 tsp Turmeric, ground
- 5g / 1pod Vanilla paste/ vanilla pod
- 2.5g / ½ tsp Salt
- 100g Honey
- 100g Butter, melted or Coconut oil
- 3lge Eggs
- 75g Chocolate chips, dairy free, sugar free, gluten free
- Optional: 100g Chocolate, melted – sugar free, grain free for drizzling
- Preheat fan forced oven to 170° Celsius.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine all wet ingredients before adding to dry and mixing thoroughly.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours until firm.
- Roll dough into 8cm balls and place apart on lined baking tray. Gently flatten to half the height of original ball.
- Bake for up to 10 minutes or until the tops are dry and starting to crack.
- Cookies may not brown very much and will crisp on the outside slightly, upon cooling.
- Remove from heat and allow thorough cooling before drizzling over melted chocolate.
- Cookies will be fine to store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, turmeric, chocolate are all antioxidants.
When combined, Curcumin (turmeric) + piperine (black pepper) help to:
- relieve pain
- reduce inflammation
- control obesity
- renew stem cells
- aid in healing the gut — Curcumin + piperine prevent growth of H. pylori which can cause digestive problems like ulcers
- have antioxidant benefits that fight cancer and improve cognitive function
Ingredients: Base2 packets of Oreos¼ cup + 1 tbsp of melted butter1 pinch of saltFilling½ cup butter meltedCup brown sugar1 can condensed milk¼ cup of cream1 tsp salt1 cup crunchy peanut butter (or smooth)Topping150g milk chocolate chips50ml cream2 tbsp smooth peanut...
Join Khanh Ong as he creates his Lime & Yoghurt Syrup Cake recipe. Tune in to The Market kitchen each weekday on Channel 10.
Join Khanh Ong as he creates his Matcha Chiffon Cake with White Chocolate Ganache recipe. Tune in to The Market kitchen each weekday on Channel 10.
Join Elena Duggan as she creates her Apple Baked Pie Recipe. Tune in to The Market kitchen each weekday on Channel 10.
Join Elena Duggan as she creates her Sticky Date Pudding recipe. Tune in to The Market kitchen each weekday on Channel 10.
Join Elena Duggan as she creates her Mango Lassi Parfait recipe. Tune in to The Market kitchen each weekday on Channel 10.