Chocolate Ginger BreadJoel Feren
- ½ cup Ensure chocolate powder
- 125g butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 2½ cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line baking trays with baking paper.
- Add butter, sugar and golden syrup into large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixture. Add egg and mix until well combined.
- Gently add flour, Ensure powder, cocoa, baking soda and spices and mix well. Form dough into a disc and cover with cling wrap and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll onto a lightly floured bench top to 5mm thickness. Cut into shapes using cookie cutters and place on prepared trays.
- Bake in oven for 8 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Biscuits can be iced if desired.
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...