Churrasco BeefElena Duggan and Khanh Ong
- 500g skirt steak or flank
- 2 cloves of garlic
- crushed juice of 1 lime
- 1⁄2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 1⁄2 an onion grated
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- a pinch of salt
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped pickled jalapeno
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar a pinch of salt
- Coriander leaves (to serve)
- Slice the beef into pieces the size and thickness of 3 fingers.
- Combine all the ingredients and massage steak with marinade and leave for an hour to infuse in the fridge then skewer on two skewers.
- Pat the beef dry and season with more salt and then onto a very hot grill it goes for
- 2-3 minutes each side.
- set a side to serve.
- Grill capsicum until it’s completely black over an open flame.
- place into a heat proof bowl and cover with glad wrap for the capsicum to sweat.
- remove the capsicum skin and seeds. now chop the capsicum
- combine with remaining ingredients and set aside
- Top beef with capsicum salsa and coriander leaves
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...