Churrasco BeefElena Duggan and Khanh Ong
- 500g skirt steak or flank
- 2 cloves of garlic
- crushed juice of 1 lime
- 1⁄2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 1⁄2 an onion grated
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- a pinch of salt
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped pickled jalapeno
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar a pinch of salt
- Coriander leaves (to serve)
- Slice the beef into pieces the size and thickness of 3 fingers.
- Combine all the ingredients and massage steak with marinade and leave for an hour to infuse in the fridge then skewer on two skewers.
- Pat the beef dry and season with more salt and then onto a very hot grill it goes for
- 2-3 minutes each side.
- set a side to serve.
- Grill capsicum until it’s completely black over an open flame.
- place into a heat proof bowl and cover with glad wrap for the capsicum to sweat.
- remove the capsicum skin and seeds. now chop the capsicum
- combine with remaining ingredients and set aside
- Top beef with capsicum salsa and coriander leaves
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...