Churrasco BeefElena Duggan and Khanh Ong
- 500g skirt steak or flank
- 2 cloves of garlic
- crushed juice of 1 lime
- 1⁄2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 1⁄2 an onion grated
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- a pinch of salt
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped pickled jalapeno
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar a pinch of salt
- Coriander leaves (to serve)
- Slice the beef into pieces the size and thickness of 3 fingers.
- Combine all the ingredients and massage steak with marinade and leave for an hour to infuse in the fridge then skewer on two skewers.
- Pat the beef dry and season with more salt and then onto a very hot grill it goes for
- 2-3 minutes each side.
- set a side to serve.
- Grill capsicum until it’s completely black over an open flame.
- place into a heat proof bowl and cover with glad wrap for the capsicum to sweat.
- remove the capsicum skin and seeds. now chop the capsicum
- combine with remaining ingredients and set aside
- Top beef with capsicum salsa and coriander leaves
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...