Churrasco BeefElena Duggan and Khanh Ong
- 500g skirt steak or flank
- 2 cloves of garlic
- crushed juice of 1 lime
- 1⁄2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 1⁄2 an onion grated
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- a pinch of salt
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped pickled jalapeno
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar a pinch of salt
- Coriander leaves (to serve)
- Slice the beef into pieces the size and thickness of 3 fingers.
- Combine all the ingredients and massage steak with marinade and leave for an hour to infuse in the fridge then skewer on two skewers.
- Pat the beef dry and season with more salt and then onto a very hot grill it goes for
- 2-3 minutes each side.
- set a side to serve.
- Grill capsicum until it’s completely black over an open flame.
- place into a heat proof bowl and cover with glad wrap for the capsicum to sweat.
- remove the capsicum skin and seeds. now chop the capsicum
- combine with remaining ingredients and set aside
- Top beef with capsicum salsa and coriander leaves
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...