Churrasco BeefElena Duggan and Khanh Ong
- 500g skirt steak or flank
- 2 cloves of garlic
- crushed juice of 1 lime
- 1⁄2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 1⁄2 an onion grated
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- a pinch of salt
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped pickled jalapeno
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar a pinch of salt
- Coriander leaves (to serve)
- Slice the beef into pieces the size and thickness of 3 fingers.
- Combine all the ingredients and massage steak with marinade and leave for an hour to infuse in the fridge then skewer on two skewers.
- Pat the beef dry and season with more salt and then onto a very hot grill it goes for
- 2-3 minutes each side.
- set a side to serve.
- Grill capsicum until it’s completely black over an open flame.
- place into a heat proof bowl and cover with glad wrap for the capsicum to sweat.
- remove the capsicum skin and seeds. now chop the capsicum
- combine with remaining ingredients and set aside
- Top beef with capsicum salsa and coriander leaves
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...