Cinnamon Roasted Pumpkin with Candied Orange Peel and Toasted PepitasElena Duggan
- ½ Kent or Jap Pumpkin, cut into even wedges- retain skin, remove seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Up to 100g Extra virgin olive oil
- 5g salt
- 3 navel or valencia oranges, reserve juice
- 50g caster sugar or granulated stevia
- 50g pepitas
- Salt to taste
Orange Butter Sauce
- 2 navel or valencia oranges, reserved juice from above
- 100g Butter
- Up to 1 tbsp salt
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius
- Place pumpkin pieces on an oven tray
- Mix cinnamon, salt and olive oil together and thoroughly coat pumpkin
- Place pumpkin skin side down and roast for approx. 90 minutes or until caramelized and soft on the inside
- Serve with warm and zesty pepitas and orange butter as below
- Rinse the oranges.
- Cut the top and bottom off each orange and score the skin into quarters.
- Remove the skin (peel and pith, the white part), and julienne the skin. Place the strips of peel in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Reserve juice.
- Set on the stove on high heat and bring to a boil. Drain the water from the peels and repeat this process twice more before allowing to cool and dry thoroughly
- In a heavy based fry pan, add pepitas and orange zest and gently toast until fragrant and starting to colour, add sugar and stir until thoroughly coated in a crystalised crust.
- Heat the orange juice over a medium simmer in a saucepan, reduce by approximately half. Add butter and blitz until thoroughly combined, season to taste.
- Serve pumpkin on top of sauce with zesty pepitas sprinkled over the top.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Refined sugar free
- Vegan optional – replace butter with EVOO in sauce
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...