Cinnamon Roasted Pumpkin with Candied Orange Peel and Toasted PepitasElena Duggan
- ½ Kent or Jap Pumpkin, cut into even wedges- retain skin, remove seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Up to 100g Extra virgin olive oil
- 5g salt
- 3 navel or valencia oranges, reserve juice
- 50g caster sugar or granulated stevia
- 50g pepitas
- Salt to taste
Orange Butter Sauce
- 2 navel or valencia oranges, reserved juice from above
- 100g Butter
- Up to 1 tbsp salt
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius
- Place pumpkin pieces on an oven tray
- Mix cinnamon, salt and olive oil together and thoroughly coat pumpkin
- Place pumpkin skin side down and roast for approx. 90 minutes or until caramelized and soft on the inside
- Serve with warm and zesty pepitas and orange butter as below
- Rinse the oranges.
- Cut the top and bottom off each orange and score the skin into quarters.
- Remove the skin (peel and pith, the white part), and julienne the skin. Place the strips of peel in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Reserve juice.
- Set on the stove on high heat and bring to a boil. Drain the water from the peels and repeat this process twice more before allowing to cool and dry thoroughly
- In a heavy based fry pan, add pepitas and orange zest and gently toast until fragrant and starting to colour, add sugar and stir until thoroughly coated in a crystalised crust.
- Heat the orange juice over a medium simmer in a saucepan, reduce by approximately half. Add butter and blitz until thoroughly combined, season to taste.
- Serve pumpkin on top of sauce with zesty pepitas sprinkled over the top.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Refined sugar free
- Vegan optional – replace butter with EVOO in sauce
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...