Cinnamon Roasted Pumpkin with Candied Orange Peel and Toasted PepitasElena Duggan
- ½ Kent or Jap Pumpkin, cut into even wedges- retain skin, remove seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Up to 100g Extra virgin olive oil
- 5g salt
- 3 navel or valencia oranges, reserve juice
- 50g caster sugar or granulated stevia
- 50g pepitas
- Salt to taste
Orange Butter Sauce
- 2 navel or valencia oranges, reserved juice from above
- 100g Butter
- Up to 1 tbsp salt
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius
- Place pumpkin pieces on an oven tray
- Mix cinnamon, salt and olive oil together and thoroughly coat pumpkin
- Place pumpkin skin side down and roast for approx. 90 minutes or until caramelized and soft on the inside
- Serve with warm and zesty pepitas and orange butter as below
- Rinse the oranges.
- Cut the top and bottom off each orange and score the skin into quarters.
- Remove the skin (peel and pith, the white part), and julienne the skin. Place the strips of peel in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Reserve juice.
- Set on the stove on high heat and bring to a boil. Drain the water from the peels and repeat this process twice more before allowing to cool and dry thoroughly
- In a heavy based fry pan, add pepitas and orange zest and gently toast until fragrant and starting to colour, add sugar and stir until thoroughly coated in a crystalised crust.
- Heat the orange juice over a medium simmer in a saucepan, reduce by approximately half. Add butter and blitz until thoroughly combined, season to taste.
- Serve pumpkin on top of sauce with zesty pepitas sprinkled over the top.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Refined sugar free
- Vegan optional – replace butter with EVOO in sauce
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...