Cinnamon Roasted Pumpkin with Candied Orange Peel and Toasted PepitasElena Duggan
- ½ Kent or Jap Pumpkin, cut into even wedges- retain skin, remove seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Up to 100g Extra virgin olive oil
- 5g salt
- 3 navel or valencia oranges, reserve juice
- 50g caster sugar or granulated stevia
- 50g pepitas
- Salt to taste
Orange Butter Sauce
- 2 navel or valencia oranges, reserved juice from above
- 100g Butter
- Up to 1 tbsp salt
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius
- Place pumpkin pieces on an oven tray
- Mix cinnamon, salt and olive oil together and thoroughly coat pumpkin
- Place pumpkin skin side down and roast for approx. 90 minutes or until caramelized and soft on the inside
- Serve with warm and zesty pepitas and orange butter as below
- Rinse the oranges.
- Cut the top and bottom off each orange and score the skin into quarters.
- Remove the skin (peel and pith, the white part), and julienne the skin. Place the strips of peel in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Reserve juice.
- Set on the stove on high heat and bring to a boil. Drain the water from the peels and repeat this process twice more before allowing to cool and dry thoroughly
- In a heavy based fry pan, add pepitas and orange zest and gently toast until fragrant and starting to colour, add sugar and stir until thoroughly coated in a crystalised crust.
- Heat the orange juice over a medium simmer in a saucepan, reduce by approximately half. Add butter and blitz until thoroughly combined, season to taste.
- Serve pumpkin on top of sauce with zesty pepitas sprinkled over the top.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Refined sugar free
- Vegan optional – replace butter with EVOO in sauce
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...