Cinnamon Roasted Pumpkin with Candied Orange Peel and Toasted PepitasElena Duggan
- ½ Kent or Jap Pumpkin, cut into even wedges- retain skin, remove seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Up to 100g Extra virgin olive oil
- 5g salt
- 3 navel or valencia oranges, reserve juice
- 50g caster sugar or granulated stevia
- 50g pepitas
- Salt to taste
Orange Butter Sauce
- 2 navel or valencia oranges, reserved juice from above
- 100g Butter
- Up to 1 tbsp salt
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius
- Place pumpkin pieces on an oven tray
- Mix cinnamon, salt and olive oil together and thoroughly coat pumpkin
- Place pumpkin skin side down and roast for approx. 90 minutes or until caramelized and soft on the inside
- Serve with warm and zesty pepitas and orange butter as below
- Rinse the oranges.
- Cut the top and bottom off each orange and score the skin into quarters.
- Remove the skin (peel and pith, the white part), and julienne the skin. Place the strips of peel in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Reserve juice.
- Set on the stove on high heat and bring to a boil. Drain the water from the peels and repeat this process twice more before allowing to cool and dry thoroughly
- In a heavy based fry pan, add pepitas and orange zest and gently toast until fragrant and starting to colour, add sugar and stir until thoroughly coated in a crystalised crust.
- Heat the orange juice over a medium simmer in a saucepan, reduce by approximately half. Add butter and blitz until thoroughly combined, season to taste.
- Serve pumpkin on top of sauce with zesty pepitas sprinkled over the top.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Refined sugar free
- Vegan optional – replace butter with EVOO in sauce
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...