Creamy Coconut Porridge with Stewed Seasonal FruitGeorgia Barnes
- 1 1/2 cups Whole oats
- 3 cups Coconut water
- 1 cup Coconut cream
- 2 stalks Rhubarb, chopped
- 2 Apples, peeled and cored
- 1 cup Raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Strawberries, sliced
- 1 Orange, zest and juice
- 3 tablespoons Pure maple syrup
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 cup Selection fresh seasonal fruit, sliced
- Place oats into a bowl and cover with water. Place in the refrigerator to soak overnight.
- Place rhubarb, apples, raspberries, strawberries, orange zest, orange juice, maple syrup and cinnamon stick into a saucepan. Add 1/3 cup water and mix together well. Place over medium heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for
15-20 minutes or until fruit is cooked and mixture has reduced slightly. Remove cinnamon stick, and stir through rose water.
- Drain oats and place in a large saucepan. Add coconut water and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Cook until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and stir through coconut cream.
- To serve, spoon porridge into serving bowls. Top with stewed fruit. Garnish with fresh fruit slices. Serve warm.
Banana Breakfast Bar
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
Raspberry Grappa Jam Drops
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Deep Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Crème Brûlèe Donuts
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
Banana Crepes with Banana Caramel
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...