Creamy Coconut Porridge with Stewed Seasonal FruitGeorgia Barnes
- 1 1/2 cups Whole oats
- 3 cups Coconut water
- 1 cup Coconut cream
- 2 stalks Rhubarb, chopped
- 2 Apples, peeled and cored
- 1 cup Raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Strawberries, sliced
- 1 Orange, zest and juice
- 3 tablespoons Pure maple syrup
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 cup Selection fresh seasonal fruit, sliced
- Place oats into a bowl and cover with water. Place in the refrigerator to soak overnight.
- Place rhubarb, apples, raspberries, strawberries, orange zest, orange juice, maple syrup and cinnamon stick into a saucepan. Add 1/3 cup water and mix together well. Place over medium heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for
15-20 minutes or until fruit is cooked and mixture has reduced slightly. Remove cinnamon stick, and stir through rose water.
- Drain oats and place in a large saucepan. Add coconut water and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Cook until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and stir through coconut cream.
- To serve, spoon porridge into serving bowls. Top with stewed fruit. Garnish with fresh fruit slices. Serve warm.
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...