Creamy Coconut Porridge with Stewed Seasonal FruitGeorgia Barnes
- 1 1/2 cups Whole oats
- 3 cups Coconut water
- 1 cup Coconut cream
- 2 stalks Rhubarb, chopped
- 2 Apples, peeled and cored
- 1 cup Raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Strawberries, sliced
- 1 Orange, zest and juice
- 3 tablespoons Pure maple syrup
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 cup Selection fresh seasonal fruit, sliced
- Place oats into a bowl and cover with water. Place in the refrigerator to soak overnight.
- Place rhubarb, apples, raspberries, strawberries, orange zest, orange juice, maple syrup and cinnamon stick into a saucepan. Add 1/3 cup water and mix together well. Place over medium heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for
15-20 minutes or until fruit is cooked and mixture has reduced slightly. Remove cinnamon stick, and stir through rose water.
- Drain oats and place in a large saucepan. Add coconut water and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Cook until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and stir through coconut cream.
- To serve, spoon porridge into serving bowls. Top with stewed fruit. Garnish with fresh fruit slices. Serve warm.
Ingredients: Roasted bananas 300g Vanilla 1g Butter 112g Brown sugar 250g Eggs 100g Flour 275g Baking powder 10g Sea salt 5g Whipped Maple Butter Unsalted butter 250g Maple syrup 80g Sea salt 3g Method: Spread vanilla onto bananas, and roast in an oven at 180⁰c for 10...
Ingredients: 1 cup Laucke plain flour Pinch of salt 4 eggs 2 cups milk 40g butter crème fraîche Ricotta Filling 250 g smooth ricotta Finely grated zest of 1 lemon Honey, to taste Berry Sauce 2 cups frozen mixed berries 1 cup icing sugar To Serve Sprigs of mint,...
Ingredients: Smoothie 1 Australian papaya 2 Australian passion fruit Flesh of 1 Australian custard apple, seeds removed ½ Australian banana (use the other half for the topping) 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt Toppings 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes ½ sliced Australian banana 2...
Ingredients: 31/4 cups (225g) fresh breadcrumbs 100g unsalted butter 11/4 cups (440g) golden syrup Grated zest of 1 orange, plus 3 tbsp juice Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg 1 cup (150g) pecan nuts, halved Icing sugar and vanilla ice cream, to serve Sweet pastry 12/3...
Ingredients: 1/3 cup Chia seeds 400 mls Coconut milk 3-5 tablespoons Pure maple syrup 1 tablespoon Pure vanilla extract 3 large Mangoes, peeled and diced 1 tablespoon Lime juice 1/4 Pineapple, peeled and diced 1 tablespoon Mint leaves or micro mint Freeze dried...
Ingredients: Flourless Orange Cake Oranges 3pcs Sugar 375g Ground cardamom 3g Cinnamon 1 large pinch Almond meal 450g Baking powder 7.5g Eggs 8 pcs Lemon Buttercream Eggs 110g Butter 500g Sugar 145g Water 40g Lemon juice 50g Method: Flourless Orange Cake Fill a pot...