Fish TacosGerardo Lopez
- 200g of snapper filet, cut in 3cms slices
- 8 corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 3 tbsp corn flour, have some extra for coating
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup of mineral water
- 1 small zucchini, diced vertically in 4 parts
- 2 avocados, preferably hash
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ onion, preferably white or yellow
- 2 jalapenos chillies, cut in half and stalk removed
- ½ bunch of coriander
- ¼ cup veggie stock
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- ½ purple cabbage, finely chopped
- ½ bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin oil
- Cover a frying pan on a thin layer of oil and bring the flame to medium heat.
- Lightly fry the zucchini, chillies, onion and garlic; remove when starting to get brown and place in a blender.
- Add the lime juice, coriander, veggie stock, olive oil, avocado and salt. Blend until you have achieved a smooth consistency.
- Place in a sealed container and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the garnish.
- Prepare the batter by mixing all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Add the mineral water slowly until you achieve a thick consistency for the batter.
- Place the batter in a mixing bowl, and the additional corn flour on another. In a frying pan or fryer, add enough oil to submerge the fish and heat the oil at medium temperature.
- Grabbing one piece of fish at a time, toss it on the flour, then cover with batter and put it in the hot oil. Place the battered fish on paper towels to absorb the extra oil.
- On a very hot frying pan, place the corn tortillas on each side until soft and floppy, wrapping them in a tea towel as you go to stay warm.
- Assemble the tacos by putting a piece of fish on each tortilla, then garnish followed by salsa on top.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...