Fish TacosGerardo Lopez
- 200g of snapper filet, cut in 3cms slices
- 8 corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 3 tbsp corn flour, have some extra for coating
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup of mineral water
- 1 small zucchini, diced vertically in 4 parts
- 2 avocados, preferably hash
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ onion, preferably white or yellow
- 2 jalapenos chillies, cut in half and stalk removed
- ½ bunch of coriander
- ¼ cup veggie stock
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- ½ purple cabbage, finely chopped
- ½ bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin oil
- Cover a frying pan on a thin layer of oil and bring the flame to medium heat.
- Lightly fry the zucchini, chillies, onion and garlic; remove when starting to get brown and place in a blender.
- Add the lime juice, coriander, veggie stock, olive oil, avocado and salt. Blend until you have achieved a smooth consistency.
- Place in a sealed container and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the garnish.
- Prepare the batter by mixing all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Add the mineral water slowly until you achieve a thick consistency for the batter.
- Place the batter in a mixing bowl, and the additional corn flour on another. In a frying pan or fryer, add enough oil to submerge the fish and heat the oil at medium temperature.
- Grabbing one piece of fish at a time, toss it on the flour, then cover with batter and put it in the hot oil. Place the battered fish on paper towels to absorb the extra oil.
- On a very hot frying pan, place the corn tortillas on each side until soft and floppy, wrapping them in a tea towel as you go to stay warm.
- Assemble the tacos by putting a piece of fish on each tortilla, then garnish followed by salsa on top.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...