Fish TacosGerardo Lopez
- 200g of snapper filet, cut in 3cms slices
- 8 corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 3 tbsp corn flour, have some extra for coating
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup of mineral water
- 1 small zucchini, diced vertically in 4 parts
- 2 avocados, preferably hash
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ onion, preferably white or yellow
- 2 jalapenos chillies, cut in half and stalk removed
- ½ bunch of coriander
- ¼ cup veggie stock
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- ½ purple cabbage, finely chopped
- ½ bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin oil
- Cover a frying pan on a thin layer of oil and bring the flame to medium heat.
- Lightly fry the zucchini, chillies, onion and garlic; remove when starting to get brown and place in a blender.
- Add the lime juice, coriander, veggie stock, olive oil, avocado and salt. Blend until you have achieved a smooth consistency.
- Place in a sealed container and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the garnish.
- Prepare the batter by mixing all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Add the mineral water slowly until you achieve a thick consistency for the batter.
- Place the batter in a mixing bowl, and the additional corn flour on another. In a frying pan or fryer, add enough oil to submerge the fish and heat the oil at medium temperature.
- Grabbing one piece of fish at a time, toss it on the flour, then cover with batter and put it in the hot oil. Place the battered fish on paper towels to absorb the extra oil.
- On a very hot frying pan, place the corn tortillas on each side until soft and floppy, wrapping them in a tea towel as you go to stay warm.
- Assemble the tacos by putting a piece of fish on each tortilla, then garnish followed by salsa on top.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...