Fish TacosGerardo Lopez
- 200g of snapper filet, cut in 3cms slices
- 8 corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 3 tbsp corn flour, have some extra for coating
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup of mineral water
- 1 small zucchini, diced vertically in 4 parts
- 2 avocados, preferably hash
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ onion, preferably white or yellow
- 2 jalapenos chillies, cut in half and stalk removed
- ½ bunch of coriander
- ¼ cup veggie stock
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- ½ purple cabbage, finely chopped
- ½ bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin oil
- Cover a frying pan on a thin layer of oil and bring the flame to medium heat.
- Lightly fry the zucchini, chillies, onion and garlic; remove when starting to get brown and place in a blender.
- Add the lime juice, coriander, veggie stock, olive oil, avocado and salt. Blend until you have achieved a smooth consistency.
- Place in a sealed container and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the garnish.
- Prepare the batter by mixing all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Add the mineral water slowly until you achieve a thick consistency for the batter.
- Place the batter in a mixing bowl, and the additional corn flour on another. In a frying pan or fryer, add enough oil to submerge the fish and heat the oil at medium temperature.
- Grabbing one piece of fish at a time, toss it on the flour, then cover with batter and put it in the hot oil. Place the battered fish on paper towels to absorb the extra oil.
- On a very hot frying pan, place the corn tortillas on each side until soft and floppy, wrapping them in a tea towel as you go to stay warm.
- Assemble the tacos by putting a piece of fish on each tortilla, then garnish followed by salsa on top.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...