Fish TacosGerardo Lopez
- 200g of snapper filet, cut in 3cms slices
- 8 corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 3 tbsp corn flour, have some extra for coating
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup of mineral water
- 1 small zucchini, diced vertically in 4 parts
- 2 avocados, preferably hash
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ onion, preferably white or yellow
- 2 jalapenos chillies, cut in half and stalk removed
- ½ bunch of coriander
- ¼ cup veggie stock
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- ½ purple cabbage, finely chopped
- ½ bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin oil
- Cover a frying pan on a thin layer of oil and bring the flame to medium heat.
- Lightly fry the zucchini, chillies, onion and garlic; remove when starting to get brown and place in a blender.
- Add the lime juice, coriander, veggie stock, olive oil, avocado and salt. Blend until you have achieved a smooth consistency.
- Place in a sealed container and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the garnish.
- Prepare the batter by mixing all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Add the mineral water slowly until you achieve a thick consistency for the batter.
- Place the batter in a mixing bowl, and the additional corn flour on another. In a frying pan or fryer, add enough oil to submerge the fish and heat the oil at medium temperature.
- Grabbing one piece of fish at a time, toss it on the flour, then cover with batter and put it in the hot oil. Place the battered fish on paper towels to absorb the extra oil.
- On a very hot frying pan, place the corn tortillas on each side until soft and floppy, wrapping them in a tea towel as you go to stay warm.
- Assemble the tacos by putting a piece of fish on each tortilla, then garnish followed by salsa on top.
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...