Flounder on the bone with Beurre BlancMike Reid
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors
- 180g Flounder on the bone
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Bunch thyme, ½ picked rest for basting
- 1 Tsp Olive oil
- 200g Butter, unsalted
- ½ of a Shallot (diced)
- A splash of white wine
- Sea Salt
- Over medium heat, warm a non-stick pan warm with your oil and butter before adding in your Flounder. Cook your fish with the thyme, hit it with a squeeze of lemon juice and then leave to rest while you prepare the sauce.
- In a sauce pot, start sweating down your shallots with a small knob of butter & thyme.
- Over low heat, add in your white wine and then reduce. Once it’s reduced add in your butter and whisk to emulsify. Finally just before it’s ready, add a good squeeze of lemon juice and combine well.
- Plate up and enjoy!