Flourless Chocolate CakeLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh
- 200g unsalted butter, diced, plus extra for greasing
- 200g dark chocolate (70%)
- 1 tablespoon strong instant coffee
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 70g cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- 2 punnets Perfection Fresh raspberries (250g)
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC/320ºF/gas 3. Grease a 20cm springform cake tin with a little butter and line with greaseproof paper.
- Rest a medium heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water on a medium-low heat. Break in the chocolate and add the butter. Allow to melt, stirring occasionally until smooth and glossy.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the heat, stir in the coffee and set aside to cool slightly.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites between two large bowls. Whisk the egg whites for 1 to 2 minutes, or until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar to the yolks and beat for 7 minutes, or until pale. Sift in the cocoa powder and 1 pinch of sea salt, then gently fold through to combine.
- Stir in the melted chocolate mixture, then gently fold through the egg whites until smooth.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and place in the hot oven for 45-60 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack, then serve with a dusting of cocoa powder and fresh raspberries.