Flourless Raspberry CakeKathy Tsaples
- 200g Fresh or frozen raspberries
- 12 eggs
- 500g Caster sugar
- 500g Almond Meal, plus extra
- 2tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, strained
- 2tbsp Rose petals
- 2tbsp Pistachios
- Handful of fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Butter a 25-centimetre round cake tin and sprinkle it with almond meal, flour or gluten free flour if required.
- Pulse the raspberries in a food processor until they are a fine puree. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together. Add the raspberry pulp and mix thoroughly. Add the almond meal, baking powder and salt and combine thoroughly.
- Leave the batter to rest for 10 minutes, then pour it into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
- Make the icing by mixing the icing sugar with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, gradually adding more lemon juice as necessary to achieve a drizzling consistency. When the cake has cooled, pour the icing over the top and let it drip down the sides. Decorate with rose petals, fresh raspberries and pisachios.
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...