Flourless Raspberry CakeKathy Tsaples
- 200g Fresh or frozen raspberries
- 12 eggs
- 500g Caster sugar
- 500g Almond Meal, plus extra
- 2tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, strained
- 2tbsp Rose petals
- 2tbsp Pistachios
- Handful of fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Butter a 25-centimetre round cake tin and sprinkle it with almond meal, flour or gluten free flour if required.
- Pulse the raspberries in a food processor until they are a fine puree. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together. Add the raspberry pulp and mix thoroughly. Add the almond meal, baking powder and salt and combine thoroughly.
- Leave the batter to rest for 10 minutes, then pour it into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
- Make the icing by mixing the icing sugar with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, gradually adding more lemon juice as necessary to achieve a drizzling consistency. When the cake has cooled, pour the icing over the top and let it drip down the sides. Decorate with rose petals, fresh raspberries and pisachios.
Ingredients: 1 round of white sliced bread per doughnut sandwich 1 tablespoon or as required Strawberry jam 1 tablespoon or as required Nutella spread Butter as required 500mls vegetable oil 1 cup caster sugar 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder Batter 1 cup Self raising...
Ingredients: Lemon Curd 330mls Lemons juice and zest of 1 lemon 8 egg yolks 8 whole eggs 450gm unsalted butter cubed 320gm caster sugar Italian Meringue 200mls water 200gm caster sugar 150gm egg whites Pinch cream of tartar The Cheesecake - Sponge base 125gm butter...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500g cherries 4 eggs 100g flour 100g granulated sugar 300ml milk 1 vanilla bean 30g butter 1 pinch of salt Method: Wash, wipe, de-stalk and stone the cherries. Butter a spring form pan then pour in the prepared cherries. In a...
Ingredients: Bread 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 large egg, at room temperature* 3/4 cup (150g) caster sugar 1/4 cup (50g) soft brown sugar 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk (no substitutions) 1/3 cup...
Ingredients: 3 Peaches cut in half 2 tbsp Vanilla sugar (or plain caster if you don’t have vanilla sugar) 1 cup milk 3 eggs 2 tbsp butter melted ½ cup flour Crème friache to serve Method: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Cut you peaches in half and toss in the vanilla...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 1/2 cups Whole oats 3 cups Coconut water 1 cup Coconut cream 2 stalks Rhubarb, chopped 2 Apples, peeled and cored 1 cup Raspberries, fresh or frozen 1 cup Strawberries, sliced 1 Orange, zest and juice 3 tablespoons Pure maple syrup 1 Cinnamon...