Flourless Raspberry CakeKathy Tsaples
- 200g Fresh or frozen raspberries
- 12 eggs
- 500g Caster sugar
- 500g Almond Meal, plus extra
- 2tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, strained
- 2tbsp Rose petals
- 2tbsp Pistachios
- Handful of fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Butter a 25-centimetre round cake tin and sprinkle it with almond meal, flour or gluten free flour if required.
- Pulse the raspberries in a food processor until they are a fine puree. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together. Add the raspberry pulp and mix thoroughly. Add the almond meal, baking powder and salt and combine thoroughly.
- Leave the batter to rest for 10 minutes, then pour it into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
- Make the icing by mixing the icing sugar with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, gradually adding more lemon juice as necessary to achieve a drizzling consistency. When the cake has cooled, pour the icing over the top and let it drip down the sides. Decorate with rose petals, fresh raspberries and pisachios.
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...