Fried Squid with Rocket and BalsamicTobie Puttock
- Approx 150g cleaned squid sliced into 5mm rings
- Seasoned plain flour
- Frying oil
- 4x handfuls of rocket
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon of English mustard
- About 150ml olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Pop the egg yolk into a mixing bowl, add the mustard and start to whisk. Slowly add the olive oil a little at a time, make sure the olive oil has been absorbed before you add more.
- Once all the olive oil has been added you should have a thick mayonnaise sort of consistency.
- Splash in balsamic to taste. I normally put about a tablespoon.
- The dressing should be a pouring crème consistency but if it’s too thick, slowly whisk in a little warm water until the consistency is right.
- Season to taste and serve with leaves or even fish. It should keep up to 24hours covered in the fridge.
- Heat the oil to 165-175C.
- Dust the squid in the flour in a sieve and shake out any excess flour, carefully submerge the squid into the oil and fry until golden and crispy. Remove and strain well. Pop the golden squid into a bowl and toss with a pinch of salt.
- Carefully toss the rocket with the dressing and arrange on a plate.
- Place the crispy squid on top of the rocket and serve.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...