Fried Squid with Rocket and BalsamicTobie Puttock
- Approx 150g cleaned squid sliced into 5mm rings
- Seasoned plain flour
- Frying oil
- 4x handfuls of rocket
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon of English mustard
- About 150ml olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Pop the egg yolk into a mixing bowl, add the mustard and start to whisk. Slowly add the olive oil a little at a time, make sure the olive oil has been absorbed before you add more.
- Once all the olive oil has been added you should have a thick mayonnaise sort of consistency.
- Splash in balsamic to taste. I normally put about a tablespoon.
- The dressing should be a pouring crème consistency but if it’s too thick, slowly whisk in a little warm water until the consistency is right.
- Season to taste and serve with leaves or even fish. It should keep up to 24hours covered in the fridge.
- Heat the oil to 165-175C.
- Dust the squid in the flour in a sieve and shake out any excess flour, carefully submerge the squid into the oil and fry until golden and crispy. Remove and strain well. Pop the golden squid into a bowl and toss with a pinch of salt.
- Carefully toss the rocket with the dressing and arrange on a plate.
- Place the crispy squid on top of the rocket and serve.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...