Gaytime CookiesWarren Mendes
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self raising flour
- 1/3 cup raw caster sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup malted milk drink powder
- 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- Vanilla bean ice cream and sea salt flakes to serve
- 1/3 cup self raising flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 25g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- For the cookies, combine the flours, sugars and malt in a bowl then stir to distribute all the ingredients. Add the butter and egg then mix well to combine. Chill for 20 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 180 conventional (160 fan forced) and line two baking trays with baking paper. Using 1 tbsp mixture roll into balls and spread across the trays, making sure there is a gap between each cookie. Bake for 10-12 minutes, swapping the trays half way, until golden. Cool.
- For the crumb, combine all the ingredients and crumble onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes then cool and crumble.
- Drizzle each cookie with melted chocolate then scatter with cookie crumb and some salt flakes. Allow to set. Serve sandwiched between ice cream to make ice cream sandwiches.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Liqueur Topaque.
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...