Gaytime CookiesWarren Mendes
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self raising flour
- 1/3 cup raw caster sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup malted milk drink powder
- 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- Vanilla bean ice cream and sea salt flakes to serve
- 1/3 cup self raising flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 25g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- For the cookies, combine the flours, sugars and malt in a bowl then stir to distribute all the ingredients. Add the butter and egg then mix well to combine. Chill for 20 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 180 conventional (160 fan forced) and line two baking trays with baking paper. Using 1 tbsp mixture roll into balls and spread across the trays, making sure there is a gap between each cookie. Bake for 10-12 minutes, swapping the trays half way, until golden. Cool.
- For the crumb, combine all the ingredients and crumble onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes then cool and crumble.
- Drizzle each cookie with melted chocolate then scatter with cookie crumb and some salt flakes. Allow to set. Serve sandwiched between ice cream to make ice cream sandwiches.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Liqueur Topaque.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...