Gaytime CookiesWarren Mendes
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self raising flour
- 1/3 cup raw caster sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup malted milk drink powder
- 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- Vanilla bean ice cream and sea salt flakes to serve
- 1/3 cup self raising flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 25g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- For the cookies, combine the flours, sugars and malt in a bowl then stir to distribute all the ingredients. Add the butter and egg then mix well to combine. Chill for 20 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 180 conventional (160 fan forced) and line two baking trays with baking paper. Using 1 tbsp mixture roll into balls and spread across the trays, making sure there is a gap between each cookie. Bake for 10-12 minutes, swapping the trays half way, until golden. Cool.
- For the crumb, combine all the ingredients and crumble onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes then cool and crumble.
- Drizzle each cookie with melted chocolate then scatter with cookie crumb and some salt flakes. Allow to set. Serve sandwiched between ice cream to make ice cream sandwiches.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Liqueur Topaque.
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...