Gaytime CookiesWarren Mendes
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self raising flour
- 1/3 cup raw caster sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup malted milk drink powder
- 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- Vanilla bean ice cream and sea salt flakes to serve
- 1/3 cup self raising flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 25g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- For the cookies, combine the flours, sugars and malt in a bowl then stir to distribute all the ingredients. Add the butter and egg then mix well to combine. Chill for 20 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 180 conventional (160 fan forced) and line two baking trays with baking paper. Using 1 tbsp mixture roll into balls and spread across the trays, making sure there is a gap between each cookie. Bake for 10-12 minutes, swapping the trays half way, until golden. Cool.
- For the crumb, combine all the ingredients and crumble onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes then cool and crumble.
- Drizzle each cookie with melted chocolate then scatter with cookie crumb and some salt flakes. Allow to set. Serve sandwiched between ice cream to make ice cream sandwiches.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Liqueur Topaque.
Ingredients: Serves: 2 Ingredients: 2x Wedges of Pumpkin (skin on) 1x can of coconut milk 30ml Soy Sauce (to taste) 1 tbsp of Tom Yum Paste 1 chilli, finely sliced 1 punch of Thai basil 1 tbsp fried shallots Bubur Cha Cha: Kara coconut cream 2litres Pandan leaves 6pcs...
Ingredients: Filling: 200ml Yuzu Juice 250g Caster Sugar 400ml Double Cream 5 Free Range eggs 25g Shiro Miso White Premium Sweet Pastry Case: 200g Unsalted Butter Zest of a lemon 150g Icing Sugar 450g Flour, Plain 5 Whole Eggs Method: Filling: Bring the cream and...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 400g Dulce de leche 2 egg yolks 2 whole eggs 50g Flour 0000 20g Unsalted butter 4 Lady finger bananas 50 g brown sugar 50 g golden syrup Cocoa powder Coconut ice cream (store bought) Method: Preheat the oven to 180C Place the dulce the leche...
Ingredients: Serves: 8 2 sheets shortcrust pastry ½ cup medjool dates 2 free range eggs ½ cup caster sugar 2-3 tsp lemon zest 250gm fresh ricotta ½ cup thickened cream 2 tbsp plain flour 1 tbsp icing sugar Method: Remove pastry and allow to thaw slightly before...
Ingredients: Base: 2 cups cashews 10 pitted dates 1 cup coconut 4 tbsp liquid coconut oil Pinch of salt 1 tsp raw cocoa powder Caramel: 1 cup almond butter 10 pitted dates 1/4 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp vanilla paste 3/4 cup coconut oil 1 tsp salt flakes Chocolate Topping:...
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...