GF FocacciaElena Duggan
- 20g Fast acting yeast
- 30g Honey
- 400g GF Bread Flour
- 100g Warm Water
- 100g Buttermilk or yoghurt
- 100g EVOO
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tbsp Italian herbs, dried
- 1tsp Onion powder
- 1tsp Garlic powder
- 100g Tomato paste
- 150g Sliced black olives
- 250g Tasty cheese, grated
- 150g Onions, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 160° Celsius, fan forced.
- Combine yeast, honey and water in a bowl and set aside for up to 30minutes.
- In a large bowl, place, flour, buttermilk, EVOO, eggs and salt, loosely combine and add water mixture.
- Using a pastry paddle or your hand, bring ingredients together; dough will be moist and sticky. Ensure dough is kneaded well in bowl, up to ten minutes.
- Cover bowl with a tea towel or glad wrap and set aside in a warm spot for up to 30 minutes.
- Remove wrap and knock down dough, bring together again and recover for an additional 30minutes.
- In a greased pizza tray, place the dough in the centre and gently work out to all the edges with your fingertips, being careful not to tear it apart. Strive for an even height throughout the base.
- In a bowl, mix dried herbs into tomato paste, set aside for five minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread tomato paste all over the base as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly all over the base, evenly.
- Sprinkle onions evenly all over the base, evenly.
- Sprinkle olives evenly all over the base, evenly.
- Bake for 35-45minutes or until base is crisp and top is golden.
- Allow cooling for easier slicing, or eat hot and slightly gooey.
- Utilise your favourite topping and cheeses to make this your own focaccia.
- Incorporate your favourite herbs into the dough mix for extra tasty base or to use this as a bread only recipe on an antipasto board.
- Gluten free
- Nut free
- Vegan, optional – replace buttermilk with additional water, and replace honey with sugar, and leave off cheese.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...