GF FocacciaElena Duggan
- 20g Fast acting yeast
- 30g Honey
- 400g GF Bread Flour
- 100g Warm Water
- 100g Buttermilk or yoghurt
- 100g EVOO
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tbsp Italian herbs, dried
- 1tsp Onion powder
- 1tsp Garlic powder
- 100g Tomato paste
- 150g Sliced black olives
- 250g Tasty cheese, grated
- 150g Onions, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 160° Celsius, fan forced.
- Combine yeast, honey and water in a bowl and set aside for up to 30minutes.
- In a large bowl, place, flour, buttermilk, EVOO, eggs and salt, loosely combine and add water mixture.
- Using a pastry paddle or your hand, bring ingredients together; dough will be moist and sticky. Ensure dough is kneaded well in bowl, up to ten minutes.
- Cover bowl with a tea towel or glad wrap and set aside in a warm spot for up to 30 minutes.
- Remove wrap and knock down dough, bring together again and recover for an additional 30minutes.
- In a greased pizza tray, place the dough in the centre and gently work out to all the edges with your fingertips, being careful not to tear it apart. Strive for an even height throughout the base.
- In a bowl, mix dried herbs into tomato paste, set aside for five minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread tomato paste all over the base as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly all over the base, evenly.
- Sprinkle onions evenly all over the base, evenly.
- Sprinkle olives evenly all over the base, evenly.
- Bake for 35-45minutes or until base is crisp and top is golden.
- Allow cooling for easier slicing, or eat hot and slightly gooey.
- Utilise your favourite topping and cheeses to make this your own focaccia.
- Incorporate your favourite herbs into the dough mix for extra tasty base or to use this as a bread only recipe on an antipasto board.
- Gluten free
- Nut free
- Vegan, optional – replace buttermilk with additional water, and replace honey with sugar, and leave off cheese.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...