GF FocacciaElena Duggan
- 20g Fast acting yeast
- 30g Honey
- 400g GF Bread Flour
- 100g Warm Water
- 100g Buttermilk or yoghurt
- 100g EVOO
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tbsp Italian herbs, dried
- 1tsp Onion powder
- 1tsp Garlic powder
- 100g Tomato paste
- 150g Sliced black olives
- 250g Tasty cheese, grated
- 150g Onions, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 160° Celsius, fan forced.
- Combine yeast, honey and water in a bowl and set aside for up to 30minutes.
- In a large bowl, place, flour, buttermilk, EVOO, eggs and salt, loosely combine and add water mixture.
- Using a pastry paddle or your hand, bring ingredients together; dough will be moist and sticky. Ensure dough is kneaded well in bowl, up to ten minutes.
- Cover bowl with a tea towel or glad wrap and set aside in a warm spot for up to 30 minutes.
- Remove wrap and knock down dough, bring together again and recover for an additional 30minutes.
- In a greased pizza tray, place the dough in the centre and gently work out to all the edges with your fingertips, being careful not to tear it apart. Strive for an even height throughout the base.
- In a bowl, mix dried herbs into tomato paste, set aside for five minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread tomato paste all over the base as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly all over the base, evenly.
- Sprinkle onions evenly all over the base, evenly.
- Sprinkle olives evenly all over the base, evenly.
- Bake for 35-45minutes or until base is crisp and top is golden.
- Allow cooling for easier slicing, or eat hot and slightly gooey.
- Utilise your favourite topping and cheeses to make this your own focaccia.
- Incorporate your favourite herbs into the dough mix for extra tasty base or to use this as a bread only recipe on an antipasto board.
- Gluten free
- Nut free
- Vegan, optional – replace buttermilk with additional water, and replace honey with sugar, and leave off cheese.
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...