GF FocacciaElena Duggan
- 20g Fast acting yeast
- 30g Honey
- 400g GF Bread Flour
- 100g Warm Water
- 100g Buttermilk or yoghurt
- 100g EVOO
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tbsp Italian herbs, dried
- 1tsp Onion powder
- 1tsp Garlic powder
- 100g Tomato paste
- 150g Sliced black olives
- 250g Tasty cheese, grated
- 150g Onions, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 160° Celsius, fan forced.
- Combine yeast, honey and water in a bowl and set aside for up to 30minutes.
- In a large bowl, place, flour, buttermilk, EVOO, eggs and salt, loosely combine and add water mixture.
- Using a pastry paddle or your hand, bring ingredients together; dough will be moist and sticky. Ensure dough is kneaded well in bowl, up to ten minutes.
- Cover bowl with a tea towel or glad wrap and set aside in a warm spot for up to 30 minutes.
- Remove wrap and knock down dough, bring together again and recover for an additional 30minutes.
- In a greased pizza tray, place the dough in the centre and gently work out to all the edges with your fingertips, being careful not to tear it apart. Strive for an even height throughout the base.
- In a bowl, mix dried herbs into tomato paste, set aside for five minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread tomato paste all over the base as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly all over the base, evenly.
- Sprinkle onions evenly all over the base, evenly.
- Sprinkle olives evenly all over the base, evenly.
- Bake for 35-45minutes or until base is crisp and top is golden.
- Allow cooling for easier slicing, or eat hot and slightly gooey.
- Utilise your favourite topping and cheeses to make this your own focaccia.
- Incorporate your favourite herbs into the dough mix for extra tasty base or to use this as a bread only recipe on an antipasto board.
- Gluten free
- Nut free
- Vegan, optional – replace buttermilk with additional water, and replace honey with sugar, and leave off cheese.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...