Gin Cured FishMatt Wilkinson
Serves 4 as a shared dish
- 250g white fleshed fish like Blue eye, snapper, kingfish
- 2 tablespoons Four Pillars Gin Salt or salt flakes
- 75ml Four Pillars Rare Dry Gin (optional)
- 1 jar of Four Pillars Orange Marmalade or juice of 1 orange
Salsa Verde aka Green Sauce
- 4 Cornichons roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers roughly chopped
- Handful of mixed herbs: chives, dill, parsley, mint, washed and roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- 100ml Australian olive oil
- 2 shallots
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 50ml Four Pillars Bloody Shiraz Gin or water
- 50ml good quality white wine vinegar
- Have the fishmonger remove any skin from the fish and ask him nicely to cut it into fat finger length strips. Mix in the salt and gin, massaging into the fish. Let sit for 1 hour in the fridge.
- To make the salsa verde, place all ingredients into a bowl and mix together, adding more olive oil if needed.
- To prepare the pickled shallots, thinly slice the shallots, then add salt and sugar and let sit in a bowl for 2-3 minutes before pouring over the liquids.
- Rinse the fish in a bowl of cold tap water, pat dry with towel then thinly slice. Just before serving, liberally add the marmalade over the fish or squeeze juice of orange over.
- To serve, spoon the salsa verde onto the bottom of a serving plate or platter. Carefully arrange the pieces of marmalade-topped gin cured fish on next. Add the pickled shallots around and serve.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...