Gin Cured FishMatt Wilkinson
Serves 4 as a shared dish
- 250g white fleshed fish like Blue eye, snapper, kingfish
- 2 tablespoons Four Pillars Gin Salt or salt flakes
- 75ml Four Pillars Rare Dry Gin (optional)
- 1 jar of Four Pillars Orange Marmalade or juice of 1 orange
Salsa Verde aka Green Sauce
- 4 Cornichons roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers roughly chopped
- Handful of mixed herbs: chives, dill, parsley, mint, washed and roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- 100ml Australian olive oil
- 2 shallots
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 50ml Four Pillars Bloody Shiraz Gin or water
- 50ml good quality white wine vinegar
- Have the fishmonger remove any skin from the fish and ask him nicely to cut it into fat finger length strips. Mix in the salt and gin, massaging into the fish. Let sit for 1 hour in the fridge.
- To make the salsa verde, place all ingredients into a bowl and mix together, adding more olive oil if needed.
- To prepare the pickled shallots, thinly slice the shallots, then add salt and sugar and let sit in a bowl for 2-3 minutes before pouring over the liquids.
- Rinse the fish in a bowl of cold tap water, pat dry with towel then thinly slice. Just before serving, liberally add the marmalade over the fish or squeeze juice of orange over.
- To serve, spoon the salsa verde onto the bottom of a serving plate or platter. Carefully arrange the pieces of marmalade-topped gin cured fish on next. Add the pickled shallots around and serve.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...